Sunday, May 19, 2019

Becoming "Shelf" Aware

So this past weekend I spent time culling my Goodreads wish list/want to read list and removing any books that I decided I wouldn't be getting any time soon, books I no longer feel drawn to and books I probably won't end up liking based on reviews and thoughts from other bloggers/friends. I was able to get my list to just under 200 books. That's about half of what was there before I started and feels a lot lighter even though it's still A LOT. I'm trying to keep only things that I am seriously interested in and not just maybe thinking about. Just overall being more AWARE of the books that I'm reading and wanting to read. Over the years I think I said yes to a lot more books than I should have because I was just starting out and wanted to get my name out there and review new releases. But honestly, A WORD OF ADVICE: read what you love, read what you want, don't say yes to everything because your shelves and your mind with thank you later for being picky and honing in on your tastes/preferences early. 

And of those 194 books, I decided to make a list of the top 5 that I really want to get to ASAP. Perhaps I'll add these to my June or July TBR.


It's quite the set of books don't you think? Nothing fluffy and summery at all, but this is where I am drawn to right now. I'll be looking out for audiobook versions of as many as possible via my local library. This is how I get through books quickest when I can listen during my commute. 

Any of these appeal to you? Have you read any of them? I know Kayla from BooksandLala suggests Dress Codes for Small Towns ALL THE TIME, so that's why it's at the top of my list - oh and Seanan McGuire's Wayward Children series. 

What books are at the top of your wish list/must read list? Based on my choices, are there any books you'd recommend to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...