Saturday, January 11, 2020

Joining the 2020 Nonfiction Reading Challenge


I'm joining the 2020 Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted by Shellyrae at Book'd Out. I found out about this challenge via Dreaming of Hygge's blog.

I always love a good memoir and also true crime books, but I don't stray from those nonfiction areas often, so I thought that this challenge might help me branch out.

The Nonfiction Nibbler level is to read 6 books from any of the following categories during the year. 

1. Memoir - The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
2. Disaster Event -
3. Social Science -
4. Related to an Occupation - Joy at Work by Marie Kondo
5. History -
6. Feminism - We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
7. Psychology - Raising Good Humans by Hunter Clarke-Fields and Carla Naumburg
8. Medical Issue -
9. Nature -
10. True Crime -
11. Science -
12. Published in 2020 -

I am not 100% sure which books I will read this year to fit this challenge, but I'm aiming for 6 and hoping for all 12. You never know, I sometimes go on binges of genres so maybe I'll end up on a nonfiction roll at some point! 

I will most likely be reading a book about leadership or coaching for prompt four as I am working on increasing my knowledge in this area while I'm trying to climb the ladder at work.

If you have any suggestions for books that fall within the 12 categories above, please leave me ideas in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Delighted to have you join me In the Nonfiction Reader Challenge, I look forward to seeing what you choose to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me. Now this was a good reminder to add a Nonfiction to my March TBR. ;)

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...