Friday, May 24, 2019

30 Books I'd Keep If I Were To Tidy Up Like Marie Kondo

So I missed participating in the Bookending Spring event, but I bookmarked the prompts to look at posting later because they were so amazing! I hope to participate in an upcoming Bookend Event, but for now, here is my answer to the prompt inspired by "If I Only Owned 30 Books" Hailey in Bookland.

It was actually pretty hard to narrow down to 30 books, but I think I did a decent job, though my tastes are ever changing and I'm a mood reader so there's always that. You are supposed to keep things that spark joy - I'm keeping books that spark the rainbow of emotions!

All of these books draw some kind of emotional reaction from me: happiness, sadness, anger, love, pride, hope, and more. Some make me smile just looking at the cover and thinking about how the book made me feel. Others make me think about life and the challenges we all face. And still some are fun little novels to make me forget the every day. 

These are in no particular order - just colour because that makes me happy!


Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan 
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
Now I See You by Nicole C. Kear
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
The Last Unicorn by  Peter S. Beagle
Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
Room by Emma Donoghue
Sadie by Courtney Summers
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
The Milestone Tapes by Ashely Mackler-Paternostro
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
The History of Bees by Maja Lunde
The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski


The Secret Horses of Briar Hill by Megan Shepherd
Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven
Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves
The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore
Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel


The Little Prince by Anoine de Saint-Exupery 
The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Looking for Alaska by John Green













I should write reviews of each one on this list, some I have already and others I just haven't found the right words to convey my thoughts. Many I want to reread before I nail down my true feelings. Some I own copies of and others I need to buy for my permanent collection. But ONE I have never read and am struggling with when I will finally break down and do so - GONE WITH THE WIND was my mother's favourite book ever and I have her copy sitting on my shelf. I just haven't brought myself to tackle this tome though it makes me smile to know I have the copy that she held in her hands and was so dear to her heart. 

I find books that draw strong emotional reactions from me are the ones I cherish most and the ones that truly make me think are next. Based on the books in this list... do you have any to suggest that I need to try? Have you read any of these and felt a strong emotional pull towards?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...