Friday, April 5, 2019

My Potted Potter Experience



For an early birthday gift last year, my sister took me to see Potted Potter in Toronto (June 24, 2018). This is an insanely late review, but I finally have the time to dedicate to my blog again and this needs to be documented as it was an amazing Harry Potter related experience. 

The actors we saw that day were Daniel Clarkson and Scott Hoatson. They were fantastic! The show was hilarious and so many pop culture references. 

If you don't know what Potted Potter is, a quick lo-down is that they act out all seven Harry Potter books in a condensed 70 minutes, including a Quidditch game and a lot of audience interaction if you are so lucky as to sit near the stage. It's fit for all ages (6 and up). They use minimal props and still get the job done. 

I think my favourite parts involved Voldemort appearing and the general interactions between the two actors. You are constantly laughing and wondering how they will make the next scene work.

It was an extremely fun afternoon and you even get to take home the playbill in a scroll format! I suggest you see it if it comes to a theater near you.

Have any of you been lucky enough to see this on stage? What did you think? What was your favourite part? Which actors were you lucky enough to see?


2 comments:

  1. This play sounds like so much fun! I'd love to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. If you get the chance, you should see it!

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...