Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Read The Alphabet Challenge 2010

The purpose is to read 26 books, one for each letter of the alphabet, within one year's time.
My start date is today, July 27th.

a - The Adventures of Annie Marmalade: Quest for the Ronji Crystal by Julian Vaughan Hampton
b - Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner
c - Carrie Pilby by Caren Lissner
d - The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
e - The Everafter by Amy Huntley
f - The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
g - The Giver by Lois Lowry
h - How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff
i - The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
j -
k - Kisses From Hell Anthology
l - Lost Voices by Sarah Porter
m - Mary Anne Misses Logan by Ann M Martin
n - Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
o -
p - Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
q -
r - Restored Hope by Brenda Youngerman
s - Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield (adult content)
t - To-Do List by Sasha Cagen
u - Undead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson
(adult content)
v - The Vespertine BY Saundra Mitchell
w - A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas (adult content)
x -
y -
z -


20/26 books read!

5 comments:

  1. Is this hosted somewhere or a creation of your own? What are you planning for your "Q" book? And how do you make your progress bars? Lol sorry for the interrogation I just found your blog through the oh Canada blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reading challenge was found during my browsing around on Livejournal and I believe it might also be up on Goodreads (not sure if anyone actually runs it anymore, but I liked it from a few years ago so did it again myself - if no one is hosting it next year I may try starting on in January).

    For Q - I have Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot or The Queen's Lady by Shannon Drake. I might not make it to the end of the challenge.... so close but my date is sometime in July to be finished... *cross fingers*

    And for the tracking bar - I followed the instructions over at The Book Vixen - very easy to make and update.

    http://www.thebookvixen.com/2011/01/tutorial-reading-challenge-progress.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm still relatively new to the blogging world (both reading and writing them) :) Great blog you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea too. (I found it through the Canada Day Hop too). Did you pick out the books first or are you still deciding? I'm going to think about this for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just kinda pick them as I go, though for the ones I am still needing I made a list so that I can try to make my deadline - so close. If I do this again I would do it from January 1st to Dec 31st instead. I started mine last summer when I started my book blog.... so kinda off a bit, but I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...