Tuesday, February 11, 2020

My One True Pair List | Top Ten Tuesday

via That Artsy Reader Girl
This week the prompt for Top Ten Tuesday was "Love Freebie", so I chose to let you know about the OTP's (one true pairs) that are the light of my life. Many years ago, I didn't really think much about OTPs nor did I actually care, but as time has gone on I have found myself falling for certain relationships in books that I just cannot seem to forget. So this list is my current ships that I just can't get enough of. I'm only listing five because it is what it is.

I apologize in advance if you have not read any of these books/series, 
so SPOILER WARNING!




My newest OTP is Ronan Lynch and Adam Parrish! I have this weird obsession with Ronan and I about died when the became an item. Forget Blue and Gansey, I am team Ronan & Adam all the way! I need more of their story and cannot wait for the next installment of the Dreamer triology.

Eric and Jubilee, from Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley, were a sweet couple. They took time to figure each other out and to actually connect on more levels that just physical attraction and body chemistry. The build up of their relationship wasn't rushed and they just seemed right for each other. I think a re-read might be in order soon!

Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven is another book that I just can't stop thinking about. Filled with teenage angst, a medical condition, a girl with weight issues, general high school drama and more. But the biggest thing about this story is how two of the most unlikely people somehow fall in love and up together. Jack and Libby would not normally be a couple in a traditional YA book about high school life, but they work and I adore them. They stop hiding behind their fake facades and let each other in. They begin to not care what others think and truly enjoy each other. ♥

Another Jennifer Niven book! All The Bright Places is a very topic heavy book (triggers: suicide, depression, mental illness) and nothing ends up like you hoped, but the relationship between Theodore Finch and Voilet Markey is EVERYTHING! Finch is such an outgoing person and draws Violet out of her depression. He himself has issues, but he puts much aside all to make this girl smile and make sure she's going to be okay. He shows her a whole new world she didn't even know existed and brings out the best in her. This book had me bawling so many times and it is actually one of my all time favourite books! Violet + Finch = Forever

And last but not least, Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks. I haven't been a super fan of graphic novels, but this one was perfect. So well written and the illustrations are just gorgeous. Now, Deja and Josiah have worked every autumn at the local pumpkin patch and their last year is upon them. Josiah is on a mission to finally speak to the girl of his dreams and Deja is along for the ride. It's such an adorkable story and I'm so glad it ended up the way it did, though slightly predictable, it was still a fun read. I mean how do you not see what is right in front of you?!?

So who would you say are your One True Pairings? Drop me some titles in the comments so I can check the books out for myself!


10 comments:

  1. I really need to move Pumpkinheads closer to the top of my TBR. Fun list.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these ships!! But oh gosh, Ronan Lynch and Adam Parrish are SO high on my list of ships. I just adore them. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound great, especially Holding Up the Universe. I like that cover too for some reason. Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks collaborating has me curious too, I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is pretty fun and different. Hope you enjoy it if you end up reading it.

      Delete
  4. Great topic. Ronan was my favorite character from that series and I like the pairing with Adam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure at first with Ronan. But after the entire series he is my fave.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...