Friday, March 29, 2019

My Reading Identity | Who I Am and Who I Want To Be


I'm the kind of reader who will pick up a random book, regardless of genre, as long as it sounds good. I don't like to stick to just one or two genres, as I enjoy a variety to not feel stuck in a reading rut. I tend to go through cycles where I'll read mostly thrillers for a bit and then switch it up to historical romances or women's fiction. I'm definitely a mood reader as well, so I don't like being stuck to a set list. I'm now the kind of reader that has more time for audiobooks than print and that actually saddens me as I always loved the feel of a physical book in my hands, staying up until all hours or the night or early morning just to try and finish the book. 

I want to be the kind of reader who can get through books faster, but I have limited time between working and a toddler who always wants to play. I want to be the kind of reader who can recommend amazing stories to friends and family based on their likes and dislikes. I want to be the kind of reader who will DNF a book and not feel guilty for not reading just a little more to see if it gets better. 

I'm throwing away this feeling of not being an adequate reader just because I'm behind on my reading goals or I don't read as often as I used to. I'm going to be the reader that focuses on the books I want to read and make me happy, not what's popular and hyped up. 

I want to be the kind of reader that encourages my child to love reading too. This is my main goal right now, to bring the love or reading to life for her, just like my mother did for me. It's my fondest memory of my Mom and I want that for my daughter. 

What kind of reader do you want to be? What kind of reader are you now? How would you summarize your identity as a reader? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...