Saturday, July 1, 2017

What Makes You Canadian Tag

The Darlings Diary

I stumbled upon this tag over at The Darlings Diary and decided to write it up to coincide with Canada Day! If you want to play along feel free to do so, but give credit back to DD for the tag and image as that is where I found it all. Enjoy and HAPPY CANADA DAY!

1. What do you order at Tim Hortons?

If it's winter – a small hot chocolate and a four cheese bagel toasted with butter and a ginger molasses cookie (if they have them – they are hard to find, but are the best cookie since they stopped making their oatmeal apple ones years ago).
Any other season – small raspberry lemonade, a four cheese bagel toasted with butter and a chocolate chip cookie.

2. What is the most annoying Canadian stereotype?

That we live in igloos and travel by dog sled.

3.How many provinces and territories have you travelled to?

Five! I live in Ontario, I've been to Quebec, driven through New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island to visit Nova Scotia (twice). I'd love to go to British Columbia one day.

4. Have you ever seen an igloo?

Only the ones I made in my backyard as a kid in winter and they never worked out.

5.How many/What words do people think you say differently?

About seems to be the most common word we “say” differently. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them.

6. Favourite YTV show?

When I was a teen it was Hit List. I loved watching the music video countdowns hosted by Tarzan Dan! I don't even know what shows are on YTV anymore.

7. What is one thing you wish you could buy in Canada, but can’t?

Strawberry Fruit Rollups. We only seem to have the rainbow ones, so when I visit the US I buy a few boxes. We used to also buy Cherry and Vanilla Coke, but we have that now.

8. Have you seen deer, moose or other wildlife?

Yes. All the time. In my own backyard I see deer, turkeys and coyotes. There are also Osprey nests down the road and we see them flying around often. I've seen my fair share of moose when driving in Algonquin Park, but I've seen more on my way to visit my father in the Parry Sound area. 

9.What is your favourite winter product?

I hate winter. So I'm going with Hot Chocolate! At least it's something to warm up with and to drink indoor. When I was younger the only thing I enjoyed doing outside was ice skating, so maybe I'll say ice skates.

10.Who is your favourite Canadian celebrity?

This is a hard decision, but I'm going with Ryan Reynolds. He seems so down to earth and funny.

11. Why are you proud to be Canadian?         

I think we are a polite country, an accepting country and diverse. I love how Canadians rally for things they believe in, support each other no matter you're background and are always willing to lend a hand. I'm proud to live here and I feel safe here.


7 comments:

  1. I love being Canadian. I feel so safe here, and I really love Poutine (nom nom nom). I hope you had a good Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a country that I feel safe in too. I do not like Poutine (not a fan of gravy). LOL

      Delete
    2. Hope you had a great Canada Day too!

      Delete
  2. Fun tag. I think Ryan Reynolds is probably my favorite Canadian celeb as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh wha a fun tag! And yay you have Tim Horton's too lol. I've only been to Ontario but I'd love to see more of the country some day. And ospreys- how cool!

    I like your answer to #11- Canada does seem like an amazing country, and with the turmoil here in the US there are times I wish I could maybe escape to Canada!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my post. K love watching the osprey flying over the farm fields especially when they've been fishing in the bay and are carrying large fish... it sure is a sight to see.

      I hope things in the US settle down, as even from here I worry for you all.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...