Saturday, May 20, 2017

Spencer Loves Baby Wombats & Playing I Spy With Fairy Tale Characters

I realized that this post was written in December, but never posted for some reason, so the pictures of Spencer are from when she was about six months old. 

When we visit my sister's family, we always love to play with their toys and read their books as they are different from what we have at home. In the months of November and December, Spencer and I were there daily to watch her cousins. We read a lot of books, but here are two of Spencer's favourites!
 

Each Peach Pear Plum by Janet and Allan Ahlberg
This sweet little classic board book has the most beautiful illustrations that I remember reading when I was younger. The cute little fairy tale and nursery rhyme characters are so fun to find in each picture, it's like playing I Spy with your little one. I think we'll be adding this one to her wishlist so we can read it again and again.



Sometimes I Like To Curl Up In A Ball by Vicki Churchill & Charles Fuge
This story features a cute little wombat doing his favourite things from making funny faves to curling up in a ball. Your little one can play along and copy the little wombat. I loved the illustrations and was pointing out all of the adorable little Australian animals and birds to my little one. It's a fun read as the rhyming story is almost lyrical.



As you can see from the pictures, Spencer loves checking out the illustrations and enjoys the rhythmic narrations that she falls asleep shortly after.

Keep an eye out for more book reviews from Spencer and I. We'll be writing up a bunch more based on the books we get from the library.

Have you read either of these books? Do you have any recommendations for Spencer and I?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...