Friday, September 30, 2016

Book/Series I Can't Stand - Feature & Follow

Hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee's View and Alison of Alison Can Read.


Is there a book/series that everybody seems to love, but you can’t stand? Why? via Heather Fowler @ Blood Thirsty Muses

Okay in all honesty, this was a DNF. I normally love retellings and I adored Wicked by Gregory Macuire, but for some reason I just could not get into this story. I tried so many times, but I had to put it down. I actually gave my copy to a friend in hopes that she would enjoy it. I can't say that I hated it because that's not honest and I cannot pin point what it was that made me DNF... I just could not get into the storyline at all.  

9 comments:

  1. Have not read this book. I'm like that too, sometimes I don't know why I can't get into the story. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm a mood reader, so sometimes books I'd like normally just aren't cutting get it. Always room to try again another time.

      Delete
  2. I actually hadn't heard of this book prior to your post 😕 I'll have to check it out since I LOVE Alice! Happy Friday! New follower via Bloglovin'

    Stacey @ The Bookish Loner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this series. New follower on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I try too read Wicked by Gregory Macuire but I never got into it so I gave up my copy. So I never really try his other books because I don't think I will like them as well. New Following on Facebook and Bloglovin. Here is my #FFF http://katisbookaholicramblingreviews.blogspot.com/2016/09/featured-follow-friday-44-book-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to Wicked via audio book, which I think is the easier way to enjoy it. I'm not sure I'd have read it as a print book.

      Delete
    2. I listened to Wicked via audio book, which I think is the easier way to enjoy it. I'm not sure I'd have read it as a print book.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...