Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish



How To Say Goodbye In Robot by Natalie Standiford | Audiobook from library - I was just looking for some books to listen to as this seems to be the best way for me to fit in my reading lately. I listen while driving to and from work. This is my current audiobook in the car this week.

Island Girls by Nancy Thayer | This was another audiobook from the library. I had been eyeing this cover since I saw it on an end cap in Chapters a few months back.

The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff | This was a used bookstore find from a few years ago and I only just read this a few months ago. It was one of those books that looked interesting, but stayed on my bookshelf for a few years.

Glitter and Glue by Kelly Corrigan | Stumbled upon this one during a library visit last year. The title and cover drew me in. You can read my review here.

Goodnight, Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros | This was a book I picked up at the pharmacy. I was drawn to the cover and title yet again, but it sat on my bookshelf for at least a year. It was one of the books I packed to read during a trip and I adored it. Check out my review here.



Room by Emma Donoghue | This was a thrift store find that sat on my shelf for some time. The cover and title drew me in. I know it was a popular book, but when I bought it I had no idea that it was out there. Amazing story.

Crystal Cove by Lisa Kleypas | Bought this in an airport in Mexico. I was all out of books to read and I needed something for the flight home. This caught my eye as I'd read at least one of her books before. This was a quick read.

Love Is A Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield | Bought from used bookstore a few years back, but didn't read it until I packed it for a trip. The cover and title drew me in right away.

Love Overdue by Pamela Morsi | Stumbled upon this at Walmart. Totally loved the cover and that it was about a librarian. Check out my review here.

The Raft by S.A. Bodeen | Stumbled upon this one at the library when I was browsing the YA section. Love the cover. Check out my review here.

4 comments:

  1. I also picked up Room after watching and LOVING the movie. I just haven't read it yet... :|
    Great Top Ten!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the movie yet. I hope it lives up to the book! :)
      I like reading the book before the movie, because generally once I've seen the movie I won't read the book.

      Delete
  2. All of these books look great! I am a big fan of Nancy Thayer! I hope you enjoy reading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored Island Girls. I really should write a review for it soon. I am so behind on reviews and writing posts in general, but this pregnancy has taken everything out of me.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...