Saturday, January 2, 2016

End of the Year Book Survey


Thanks again to Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner for hosting this amazing annual end of the year survey. It's been a while since I've written and one of my resolutions is to start blogging again, but at a slower pace - find out why here.

2015 Reading Stats
Number of Books I Read: 54
Number of Re-Reads: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
Grenre I Read the Most From: YA and Women's Fiction

Best in Books

1.Best book you read in 2015:
So many great books, but I think I have to say Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (audiobook version read by Wil Wheaton) or Now I See You by Nicole C. Kear.

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn't:
Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham (thought I would just fall in love with it, but it really didn't make me want to read it again - so this might be a book I sell/give away/donate).

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2015:
The Brilliant Light of Amber Sunrise by Matthew Crow - I still need to review this one

4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read (and they did) in 2015:
Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson - three of my coworkers read this because I said it was amazing!

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best sequel of 2015? Best series ender in 2015?
Series Start - The Sisters of Versailles by Sally Christie
Sequel - Please Remain Calm by courtney Summers
Series Ender - N/A

6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2015?
Rainbow Rowell... need I say more?

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I didn't really read out of my comfort zone this year, perhaps 2016 will change that.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll - I did not review this one yet either, but I heard it's a movie? I need to watch this because it was so good!

9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
Pretty much anything by Rainbow Rowell... how I never read anything by this author before I do not know, but I will pretty much need to go and read every book she has ever written and own them all. I need to amass the rest of her books.

10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Please Remain Calm by Courtney Summers - it's just creepy enough 

11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Eleanor from Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - love her - strong yet fragile at the same time, stands up for what she believes in yet needs someone to lean on. She is so much more than can be described. Read it!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
The Art of Crash Landing
by Melissa Decarlo

13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2015?
If You Feel Too Much by Jamie Tworkowski

14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - I just ordered my own paperback copy so I can re-read this!

15. Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2015?

16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2015?
Shortest - Seaview Inn by Sheryl Woods - audiobook 5 CDs
Longest - Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - 445 pages

17. Book that shocked you the most:
Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang - The cover would never have drawn me to the book, so it was a pleasant surprise to find this book as my Blind Date With A Book from my library. It was actually a really great read.

18. OTP of the year (you will go down with this ship):
Cath and Levi -  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year:
Sorrel, Nettie and Patience from The Sparrow Sisters by Ellen Herrick - I loved the sisterly love they have and how they are each their own person, but just understand each other without words.

20. Favourite book you read from an author you've previously read:
Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read based SOLELY on  a recommendation  from somebody else/peer pressure:
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015:
Ethan Jarves from The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

23. Best 2015 debut you read:
The Art of Crash Landing by Melissa Decarlo

24. Best worldbuilding/ most vivid setting you read this year:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read:
Yes Please by Amy Poehler

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2015:
Now I See You by Nicole C. Kear

27. Hidden gem of the year:
The Bride's Farewll by Meg Rosoff

28. Book that crushed your soul:
White Dresses by Mary Pflum Peterson

29. Most unique book you read in 2015:
Seen Reading by Julie Wilson - an observational book about books seen while traveling around town

30. Book that made you the most mad  (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it):
We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach

Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2015:

2. Favourite review you wrote in 2015:
Now I See You by Nicole C. Kear

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog:

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc):

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015:

6. Most popular post this year on your blog (whether is be comments of views):
Why I've Been MIA (most viewed) - it's a really good reason!

7.  Post you wished got a little more love:

8. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc):
I can't think of any at the moment.

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of 2015:

Looking Ahead

1. One book you didn't get to in 2015 but will be your number 1 priority in 2016:
Wendy Darling by Colleen Oakes

2. Book you are most anticipating for 2016 (non-debut):
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

3. 2016 debut you are most anticipating:
The Way I Used To Be by Amber Smith

4. Series ending/a sequel you are most anticipating in 2016:
I'm not sure what series I need to keep working on that would have a sequel in 2016, so I'm leaving this one as is.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016:
To blog at least once a week... being pregnant and having a baby in five months might not allow for more than that. But we'll see. I hope to sit down one day a week and get as any posts written in that time that I can. *crossing fingers*

6. A 2016 release you've already read & recommend to everyone:
Haven't read any yet, but working on The Way I Used To Be by Amber Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...