Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Ultimate Book Tag



Thank you to Nova from Out of Time. I found this on her blog and she tagged everyone, so I'm going to give it a go.

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I read all the time while traveling whether by car, train or plane. Not so sure about boat yet though.

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Maybe it's because I'm super tired, but I am drawing a blank on this one. :(

3. Harry Potter Series or Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter hands down.
-I love that the Harry Potter Series brought my Mom, my sister and I together to enjoy and discuss our love for the series.
-The Harry Potter books always have my attention because the story has so much happening, there is never a dull moment.
-The characters are fascinating to me, even the secondary characters as fleshed out more than in Twilight.

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don't carry a book bag, but I do carry either a purse or a tote to work daily.
-I have either a paperback book, an audiobook (with CD walkman) or both in my bag at all times.
-My cell phone and charger
-Lip gloss and gum
-Wallet, coin purse and two sets of keys (personal and work)
-Planner and cute pen
-Sticky notes (to add fun things to my planner or to mark important pages in my current read)
-Coupons (for saving money on groceries)

5. Do you smell your books?
 Rarely, but sometimes you just need to.

source

6. Books with or without illustrations?
I don't mind either way, but I really like books that have little illustrations on chapter pages. The kinds that look like doodles.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing?
Twilight. *sigh*

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I honestly cannot think of anything funny. Will possibly edit this if something comes to mind later. Boo hiss.

9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
If You Feel Too Much by Jamie Tworkowski

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - its my Mom's copy and I still haven't read it yet. I think I keep putting it off because I kind of wish I had of read it while Mom was still alive so that we could talk about what we think of it. I know it was her all time favourite book. I just have to give a try someday.

11. Do you write as well as you read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I like to think that one day I'll sit down and start writing with the intention of trying to get published. I'm such a slacker though.

12. When did you get into reading?
I had a hard time reading when I was little - in grade two they were going to keep me back, but my Mom begged them to let them put me into grade three and they did as long as Mom could show them that I could read at the right level when school started again that fall. Well don't you know it by the time grade three was halfway over I had read all of the required reading for grade three and most of grade four. GO MOM!

Then after high school, I didn't read nearly as much as I use to. I would say about eight years ago I really got back into reading and started doing challenges like the 50 book challenge and now with having a blog about my bookish thoughts I read a lot, but want to read more! I need to figure out how to get more reading time in.

13. What is your favourite classic book?
So far to date I liked Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

14. In school what was your best subject?
I enjoyed English though I think my marks were mediocre. I really excelled in Science, Social Studies and Latin.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you already had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would accept the gift politely and then either give it to someone I think might enjoy it more than I did or donate it to my library.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter of The Hunger Games?
I honestly can't think of one.

17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Starting a post that just has a title and maybe a few ideas jotted in the body of the post and then never getting back to actually writing the post for a long, long time. Pretty sure I have about 10 posts that need to be written.

18. What is your favourite word?
Seriously?!? I think I say that the most. So i guess it must be my favourite word.

source
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
My husband calls me his little book geek. But I don't really like any of those titles. I guess nerd might fit.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I like both. Vampires were my thing in college and when I was in my Anita Blake Series (Laurell K Hamilton) reading phase. Fairies are great because authors have been adding their own take on their magic and settings.

21.  Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. Because they are part human and part beast. I find it fascinating - especially random animal shifters (not your regular werewolf shifter).

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
I think I'm more drawn to werewolves. I think it's because they are part human and they fight that issue so much in stories - like how much of them is beast and how much of them is human. Think Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause.

23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies! Two words = Carrie Ryan!

24. Love Triangle of Forbidden Love?
I don't really care of either. But will still read a book with them in it if the book is good!

25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I like a good mix. And sometimes I'm just in the mood for a romance and other times I need the action to keep me entertained. I'm such a mood reader, so everything varies.
I tag anyone who wants to participate! Let me know when you've written you post so I can come by and check it out.

6 comments:

  1. I have a graphic novel of The Hobbit my father (who passed away) gave me, which I still haven't read. Even though I may never read it, I will always treasure it :)

    This sounds like fun! I'm going to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stories like that. I will always treasure the copies of Gone With The Wind and Scarlet that were my Mom's. No one even knew I took them yet... well I'm sure my sister knows. But I just took them from her room last year and they are on my shelves since I love books more than any of them. ;)

      I hope you do... I'm off to check your blog to see if you played too.

      Delete
  2. I love books with history, like your moms. It makes them special.

    About Harry Potter, yay! Also, I had a similar experience with Twilight. And Zombies = Carrie Ryan, yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have a lot of similar tastes! :)

      Delete
  3. BTW, I think I'll grab the tag and maybe post it next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'd love to see what you say. ;)

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...