Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Elizabeth Olwen Surface Design - Our Northern Star

Canada's Style At Home - April 2015

I don't normally post stuff like this, but I just had to. I was flipping through my April copy of Canada's Style At Home magazine at I stumbled upon my cousin - Elizabeth Olwen! She was featured as she is a rising star here in Canada for surface design. Don't know what surface design is? It's all around you - patterns and designs, colours and details on any item you can think of. Here is a link that explains what surface design consists of: What is Surface Design? or you can click on the magazine article itself (image below) and read what Elizabeth has to say about it.

Elizabeth Olwen - Style At Home article


I'm pretty amazed at the beautiful patterns she designs for fabrics, stationery, household items and more. She has such a whimsical and vintage style. See for yourself.

Rising Northern Star - Elizabeth Olwen

After having read this article and checking out her Facebook page - I located a wonderful selection of items that feature her designs over at Parkside Paper + Gift. Here are the items I'm dying to get my hands on:

Dream Candle TinWhimsy Washi Tape SetElizabeth Olwen Vintage Fuschia Paperweight
 What items would you pick?

And if you are into sewing... there is a line of fabrics she designed for Cloud9 Fabrics. She designed three sets of patterns: Morning Song, Wildwood, and  Grey Abbey.

Rich Meadow Navy Forest Floor | Khaki Floral Whimsy | Egg Blue

You can check out all of her patterns and designs on her website.

Congratulations cousin!

2 comments:

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...