Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon Updates

So here are my updates on my read-a-thon day. Considering my hubby planned a surprise for me, I haven't gotten much reading done today. I have almost finished an audio book and participated in a few challenges though.

Hour 0 - opening meme
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Canada!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Landline by Rainbow Rowell
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I haven't decided on snacks yet today. So say tuned!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm Chrystal, a thirty-something, eclectic book lover, notorious list maker and wannabe photographer.  
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? First time to this rodeo. I've seen it around many times, but finally decided to participate. Sadly, my hubby surprised me with an impromptu drive today, so looks like not much reading to be done for a big part of the day. I'm looking forward to checking off and audio book from my pile and since I switched up my pile at the last minute, I'm hoping to finish the review book I'm halfway through (Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight). 

new pile for today

Hour 1 -Go!
Listened to the first disc of Landline. Hubby took me on a day trip, so audiobook it is!

Hour 2 through 7 - more reading
Listened to disc 2-5 on the rest of the trip. Made some fun pit stops along the way and found some awesome places to visit this summer! 

Hour 8 - Book Spine Poetry
Since I'm home now, I can do a mini challenge. This one was fun!

Hour 9 through 11 - Switch up
Flipped over to my review book while Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2 is playing in the background.

Hour 12 - update
1. What are you reading right now? Where They Found Her by Kimberly McCreight
2. How many books have you read so far? None completed, but audiobook is mostly done and I'm getting through my review book so that's something considering I've been away most of the day.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Through The Woods by Emily Carroll (should be an easy read as it's a graphic novel type book).
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Road trip! Audiobook.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Well I'd like to have participated more today, but life got in the way. I think I was surprised at all of the fun challenges there are. :) Nice to break up the reading time I suppose.

Hour 13 through 18 - Those books are going down.
I did complete reading Through The Woods by Emily Carroll - so creepy! And I listened to the rest of Landlines by Rainbow Rowell. 

Hour 19 - Shelfie
 
Hour 20 through 24 - that's all folks!
I'm not going to fill out the end of event meme, because I didn't get to participate as much as I had hoped. I will however participate again when I can give it my all! Loved the challenges, cheerleaders and great job by the hosts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...