Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Memory Tree by Britta Teckentrup | Review

The Memory Tree by Britta Teckentrup 
Published: October 3, 2013
Publisher: Orchard Books
Pages: 32

A beautiful and heartfelt story about the death of a loved one and the memories that comfort those left behind.





I stumbled upon this book in the summer while perusing the books in a department store - the cover caught my eye and I stood there in the aisle reading the whole thing through. It made me smile and it made me cry. 

It is the perfect book to help explain the passing of a loved one and how their memories live on with us. It has actually helped me a little with the passing of my mother. 

Then I picked up a copy again from my local library just recently so I could have another read through. This has made me decide to buy a copy for myself and one for my siblings (for their children/future children). I think it will help children to understand the feelings of loss and how to cope by remembering all of the fun and wonderful times they had.

The illustrations are gorgeous, vibrant and fun. I was drawn to the colours used - the blues and oranges playing off one another was a lovely bonus. And the animals in the story are just so adorable and lovable. I've added some pictures from the book into a collage so you can see what I mean about the illustrations. 

I would honestly recommend this book for anyone with children that are needing help coping with loss or just to help teach them about the subject of grieving or loss. 


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh this sounds like such a great children's book. I love the illustrations!
    GREAT review deary
    Your reader,
    Soma R.
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...