Monday, January 7, 2013

The Baby-Sitter's Club Reading Challenge!




I stumbled upon this reading challenge this afternoon and just knew that I had to locate some Baby-Sitter's Club books so I could take part. I loved these books as a tween/teen and I think eventually I had read them all back then. I might even have owned most of them at one point, though I think they were sold in a yard sale when my parents moved 15 years ago. 

If you want to participate in this awesome challenge then hop on over to Beauty and the Armageddon's blog to sign up.

I don't really have a goal of reading them all as I think they will be hard to locate, but I have picked up six BSC books to start. I hope to find more over the year and will update my list as I read them.

#5 Dawn and the Impossible Three
#6 Kristy's Big Day
#7 Claudia and Mean Janine
#10 Logan Likes Mary Anne
Mystery #1 Stacey and the Missing Ring
Mystery # 26 Dawn Schafer, Undercover Baby-sitter

Added: 
Super Special: New York, New York

If you are looking for the complete list you can find it here or the printable PDF here. And check author Ann M. Martin's info on the Scholastic website.

There are 131 regular BSC books, 12 Super Specials, 12 Friends Forever, 2 Friends Forever Super Specials, 35 Mysteries, 4 Super Mysteries, and 7 bonus books. Good luck to those who are able to find them all! I've made a spreadsheet to track my progress through reading them all - check it out here!

BONUS: Once I am done reading the BSC books that I pick up/buy I will be willing to mail them out to CANADA/US BSC Challenge participants (you have to be signed up for the challenge here to qualify) if they want to read the ones I have. I will make a list below of the ones up for grabs as they become available and a FORM to fill out to put your name in for them. 


Other BSC posts I've written:
-Review: The Truth About Stacey
-Top Ten Fave Books From Childhood
-Guest Post - Bibliobiography
-BSC: Covers

2 comments:

  1. I'm not super fond of challenges these days, but I might have to make an exception and sign up for this one. I have a ton of these on a shelf in one of my rooms and keep meaning to pick them up!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...