Monday, January 7, 2013

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon Goals


Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books 6.0 team.

My goals for this read-a-thon are:
1) read review book that is due this week: Until Next Time by Amy Lingor
2) read The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
3) listen to audiobook of Twilight (this was my Mom's and I felt like listening to it because it was one of her favourite books ever - I really miss her)
*might add more if I have time, but this is probably as good as it gets for me


Updates


Monday
Number of books I’ve read today: 37% done Until Next Time, 12% done The Pledge
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books: see above

Notes:

Tuesday
Number of books I’ve read today: 10% of Twilight
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books:
Notes:
Nothing read - because life is hectic.


Wednesday
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books: 

Notes: Nothing read - because life is hectic.


Thursday
Number of books I’ve read today: 0
Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books: 

Notes: Nothing read - because life is hectic.


Friday
Number of books I’ve read today: 61% of The Pledge, 54% of Until Next Time, 10% of Twlight

Total number of books I’ve read: 0
Books:
Notes: I was sitting at the courthouse all day waiting to testify on a case for my work because I was called as a witness so I read as much as I could of The Pledge. I didn't finish my book and the court case got pushed to a later date. That was my day.


Saturday
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
Books:


Sunday
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read: 1
Books: The Pledge 

Notes: Finished The Pledge this afternoon - I cannot wait to get my hands on The Essence! Made it through half of Until Next Time (hoping to be done this inthe next few days) and finished 1 CD of the Twilight audiobook. I had hoped to finish all three books this week, but packing and work took up most of my time.

What are your goals? Leave links in the comments and I will come by to check out your progress too!

6 comments:

  1. I love that we are adding audiobooks to our goals. Have a great time with Bout o Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Audiobooks are so fun, especially when it has a good narrator and/or cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of in love with audiobooks actually. :)

      Delete
  3. I'll be curious to see what you think of Until Next Time. I read it last year and don't know many other friends/bloggers who have read it. I've never listened to an audiobook, I've been saying for at least a year that I'd try them, but my mind wanders easily lol. Good luck with your reading/listening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking it so far. Hoping to finish it tonight if I can. And I love audiobooks so much, but it depends on the narrator because sometimes that can ruin a good book. :)

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...