Monday, July 23, 2018

Jumping Back In with the 7 in 7 Readathon!

Okay, after much thought, I'm going to keep blogging. Just not paying for my domain name any longer... it will expire shortly, so I will need to update a lot of links and the like, but I'm happy to still be around. 

I'll be editing my blog, fixing links and such over the next little while and catching up on writing reviews for the books I have been reading. I'm ahead of schedule for my goal of 60 books for the year.

And to get in gear for continuing on my blogging experience, I've decided to participate in the 7 in 7 Readathon hosted by & on Twitter/YouTube. The goal is: READ 7 THINGS IN 7 DAYS!! And it runs from  July 23rd  (today) - 29th. (I found this readathon via booksandlala on your YouTube channel).

There are some challenges if you want to do them:
1. (As always) read 7 things in 7 days 
2. Read something with yellow on it 
3. Read something outside your comfort zone 
4. Read something that takes place outside or you can read something while outside  
5. Read something that starts with your first initial 
6. Read something and then make a meal/drink/something edible that matches the book OR read a book based off your favourite meal/drink 
7. Read something that takes place somewhere that resembles your home

Mostly, I'm just going to try to read 7 things. This will hopefully be possible since I am on vacation from now until August 6th! I am home with our two year old and we will be traveling up north to visit family for a few days near the end of this readathon (maybe an audiobook or two will happen during this time).

Here is my tentative list of books to choose from:


Rebel with a Cupcake by Anna Mainwaring
Summer Constellations by Alisha Sevigny
Kiss Me in New York by Catherine Rider
Kiss Me in Paris by Catherine Rider
Through The Woods by Emily Carroll (this will be a reread so I can finally write my thoughts)
Me and Me by Alice Kuipers 
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill (this is an audiobook I had on hold that just came in)

Alternates:
Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
The Lost Causes by Alyssa Embree Schwartz & Jessica Koosed Etting
Sadie by Courtney Summers

Will you be participating? What do you plan to read?

4 comments:

  1. THROUGH THE WOODS IS SO GOOD! I'm glad you're getting back into blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I am so late replying to you. I had comments turned off or set to moderate before posting to my blog. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why I was not getting comments, yet I had traffic to my posts.

      It was a good read!

      Delete
  2. Good luck w/ the readathon! I think Summer Constellations and The Lost Causes look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer Constellations was good. I still haven't read The Lost Causes yet.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...