Friday, June 9, 2017

Losing your thoughts and words... and how to find them again. | Discussion Post


How many times have you thought up the perfect wording for a review or discussion post and by the time you grab a pen or your phone to jot it down you've lost it?

This keeps happening to me!

I think of the most amazing words, sentences or paragraphs during the worst times: in the shower, rocking baby to sleep, driving. Ugh! It always happens at the most inconvenient times and then I feel like my beautiful words are gone and my reviews are lacking from time to time.

These are the things I'll be trying going forward:
-keeping a pen and notebook in my purse 
-use my phone if something strikes me 
-just dot down key words in hopes that it jogs my memory
-do another task in hopes that I will remember 
-talking out loud?
-open a word document to type them out when I'm working on something else
-use sticky notes to write on while reading in case the muse strikes then

Help! Any other ideas on how to get those perfect words back? Does your muse strike at the most inconvenient times?

5 comments:

  1. I have become a huge Notes app user. I also downloaded the Trello app on my phone and use different boards to track my thoughts. Both of these have saved me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write notes on my phone too. I've never heard of Trello, so I'll be checking that out. 😀

      Delete
  2. I always have a notepad in my purse to jot stuff down. I seem to get ideas a lot when I'm at work, and if I don't write them down, I'll forget them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be adding a little notebook and pen to my purse when I got back to work next week. 😉

      Delete
    2. I think I'll be adding a little notebook and pen to my purse when I got back to work next week. 😉

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...