Friday, April 21, 2017

Goodreads Tag

I stumbled upon a new-to-me book blogger, Amanda's Words, when reading the message boards on Goodreads for my local library. And while checking out her blog I noticed this awesome Goodreads book tag and just had to do it! I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to play along if you like. (Originally found by Amanda as a YouTube tag by Peter Monn).

1. What was the last book you marked as ‘read’?

Audiobook - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling (library book)
Print - Guardian of Secrets (Library Jumpers #2) by Brenda Drake (library book)


2. What are you currently reading?

Confessions of a Domestic Failure by Bunmi Laditan- release date May 2, 2017
The Scribe of Siena by Melodie Winawer (review book for Timeless Tour)



3. What was the last book you marked as ‘TBR’?

For Review:  The Gypsy Moth Summer by Julia Fierro - release date June 6, 2017
For Fun: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Original Screenplay) by JK Rowling


4. What book do you plan to read next?

For Review: Close Enough To Touch by Colleen Oakley
Reread: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling (audiobook)


5. Do you use the star rating system?

I try to, but I find it hard to give a star rating. That's why you won't see star ratings on my reviews on my blog. I decided not to rate them with stars and just let me words say what needs to be said about the books, but on Goodreads I try to pick the closest I can, though I wish there were 1/2 star ratings.

6. Are you doing a 2014 Reading Challenge?

It's 2017 now and I am doing the challenge. My goal is set at 60 books this year, which is higher than last year but lower than previous years. Last year I was pregnant and had no ability to concentrate on reading so audiobooks became my best friends when I wasn't watching Netflix and this year I'm on maternity leave for part of the year (only a few months before I go back to work) and I think I'll be able to fit my reading in at lunch hour at work and audiobooks in the car.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

Yes, I have a wishlist on Goodreads that I am constantly updating. Either deleting books I'm not as interested in anymore or adding tons of new ones after reading blog posts from fellow book bloggers! I even have a wishlist for my daughter, Spencer.

8. What book do you plan to buy next?

Tough question. I've been receiving a lot of review books lately and using the library a ton. I've been trying not to buy any books lately, but if I were to pick one up I think it would be something I've read before - probably Fangirl, Eleanor & Park, Carry On or Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell. I love her writing and am not sure why I don't already own these books.


9. Do you have any favorite quotes, would you like to share a few?

"Words save our lives, sometimes." -Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the end of the Lane
"Nothing good is easy." -Rainbow Rowell, Landine
"Sometimes books don't find us until the right time." -Gabriele Zevin, The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
"Have you ever noticed that far too often the best people in the world lack power." -Matthew Quick, The Good Luck of Right Now

10. Who are your favorite authors?

Rainbow Rowell, Courtney Summers, Kathy Reichs, to name a few.

11. Have you joined any groups?

 I am a part of a few groups, however, I'm not as active as I'd like to be. I should really remedy this and start participating more!Audiobook Challenge, County of L&A Library Book Club, and Oh Canada.
 

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun. I loved reading the questions and thinking of my own answers. I recently reread all the Harry Potter via Audio and it was such a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm doing! 😀 Just finished 2nd book via audio.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...