Tuesday, April 4, 2017

10 Reasons I Love Gilmore Girls!

source
I know I should pick a book fandom for this post, but I had to write about Gilmore Girls. Hey, it's bookish.You should check out the Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge if you haven't already.

 

Rory and her books - there are 339 books mentioned during it's seven year run. Rory has a book with her all the time or talks about books often. I'm working on this list, slowly.

Pop Culture references - Lorelai and Rory use a LOT of pop culture references and it's amazing. So fun when they quote books and movies. 

JESS! - I am completely Team Jess (especially after watching Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life). He's the bad boy and bookish. He challenges Rory and understands her. 

source
Melissa McCarthy as Sookie - One of the best supporting characters. She's funny and kooky. I can't imagine anyone else playing Sookie.

Luke & Lorelai - I was always rooting for them to get together. The tension that was always there and frustration when one of them was dating someone - it took a long time for them to finally figure it out, but I think it was so worth it.

The Fast Talking - Lorelai and Rory and known for their fast talking. I read that their scripts were so much longer than a normal script for a show since they speak so fast, there's a lot more dialogue. 

Stars Hollow - The folks from Stars Hollow are a quirky bunch. Kirk, Miss Patty, Taylor Doose. The kind of town where everyone knows everyone. 

Michel - Oh how I adore Michel and his snarkiness! And his accent. 

source
Emily Gilmore - Always loved Emily, but her character grows during Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life. Poor misunderstood Emily. 

Lorelai's Humour - It's perfectly hilarious, sometimes snarky, sometimes sassy.

I wish I had found it sooner than last year during my pregnancy, but I will definitely rewatch multiple times and share with my daughter once she's old enough.

Have you watched Gilmore Girls? What do you love about it?

7 comments:

  1. This post is perfect! It captures everything I love about the Gilmore Girls. I'm a pretty hardcore Luke and Lorelai shipper and am totally Team Jess too. Just reading this makes me want to binge watch all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to binge watch it all again. I've only watched it once through and that was during my pregnancy. I think it's time! 😀

      Delete
  2. The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge is so intense! I tried it a couple years ago but got way too intimidated by all the 500+ page classics on there, haha. Michel is definitely one of my favourite characters from the series, and I'm Team Jess all the way too! *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'll ever read them all, but there are quite a few I'd like to get to. And yay Team Jess!

      Delete
  3. Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-101/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I've never seen a single episode of this show... but I do want to try it some day. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...