Saturday, March 11, 2017

The Secret Life of a Book Blogger Tag


I stumbled upon this tag over at Bookmark Lit and thought that it would be a good way to try and get motivated for more content on my blog. I tag anyone who wants to give it a try.

How long have you been a blogger?


I've been writing on my blog since the summer of 2011. It's been off and on as I go through reading and blogging slumps or personal life changes affect the ebb and flow or writing blog posts.

At what point will you stop blogging?


I'm not sure I will ever stop, I just seem to slow down – often lately. Life changes so much that you don't always have time for everything or it takes time to find the balance. I'm working on balance right now. And I know in June I will need to find another new balance when I go back to work full time. I think blogging is about adapting to your ever changing needs.

What is the best thing about blogging?


Putting your thoughts and feelings out there about something you are passionate about. Being able to share with like minded people all around the world. Making new friends that share your interests.

What is the worst part? What do you do to make it okay?


I think sometimes things can get out of hand with social media, so I try to stay away from the drama out there. There have been times where something big has happened in the book blogging world and I had no clue what was going on because I was stuck in my little bubble of working my full time job, reading and just focusing on my own blog and writing. I hadn't been on social media much at that point and for that I m grateful. I both love and hate social media. 

How long does it take you to make/find pictures?


I use to find pictures on the web, but now I tend to take my own photos or make graphics using Picmonkey or Canva. It can take some time to tweak them to the way I want, but I don't feel like it's too hard or time consuming. I think my biggest problem is when my internet connection is slow, because that makes everything so much harder and the sites load so slowly. 

Who is your blog crush?


Paper Fury – I think I have a blog crush for many reasons – it's so colourful, it's honest and quirky and fun. I'm starting to let my own personality come out. I was always so prim and proper in my posts, but I find that I want to have a lot more fun with my blog and want to let me silliness out. Cait says what she's thinking, writes her posts in a fun and attention grabbing way. No matter what I'm doing I will never pass over a post she has written, I always want to see what she's up to.

What author would you like to have on your blog?


Rainbow Rowell because it's Rainbow Rowell. Seriously, I think I'd die a little if I were to ever have her on my blog. I just adore her writing. There is only one book I still need to read and that is Attachments.

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?


How I wrote this post.
Pretty much when I blog I sit in yoga pants and a big sweatshirt because I generally blog at night when I'm working full time. I like to be comfy and warm. Sometimes I even wrap a blanket over my legs. Right now I'm on maternity leave so I live in comfy clothes and blog whenever I can grab a moment.

How long does it take you to prepare?


It use to be a quick time writing posts, but since baby arrived it takes me so much longer. I try to use my computer when she is napping to get at least one post written or a few review posts ready to just type my thoughts in later. But lately she's been very clingy so it's not as often as I like and/or I don't even get through one post before she wakes up.

How do you feel about the book blogger community?


I love the book blogger community. Such an amazing bunch of individuals coming together to share a common interest. I find that 99% are supportive, positive and helpful. It's been a great time getting to know so many bloggers both online and in person. I wish I were able to meet up more often IRL with some that live close, but I don't really live close to any.

What do you think one should do to get a successful blog?


Be yourself – people like your personality to shine through. Use social media to connect and interact with bloggers, authors and the book world. Network by visiting other blogs and leave meaningful comments.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I to have been blogging on and off, and no, I don't think I will ever quit- maybe just scale back. You should really read Attachments- it's SO good. I resonated SO much with that book. I think it's my favourite of the books I've read of hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll make that my next library book then. 😁

      Delete
  2. I love your advice to be yourself when blogging. There are a lot of book blogs out there, but we all offer something a little different, and that's what makes it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all need to feel free to be ourselves and not be judged. It makes for a good variety of styles as well. I love visiting so many different blogs.

      Delete
  3. I love that you're writing with the baby snuggling on you! That is such a sweet picture. And congratulations, Mama! I miss that age so very much. It's, um, going to be a little harder to blog as they age. :)
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. And I figure it will be harder, but maybe once she's sleeping on her own again I'll blog at night before bed. Maybe. 😉

      Delete
  4. Most of your answers could be my own - except that I'm writing a pet blog. I had a book blog for about 2 years too, but decided I wanted to do create a light and funny blog and what could be funnier than cats :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...