Saturday, February 25, 2017

A Hungry Lion, or A Dwindling Assortment of Animals by Lucy Ruth Cummins | Review

A Hungry Lion or A Dwindling Assortment of Animals by Lucy Ruth Cummins
Published: March 15, 2016
Publisher: Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Pages: 36
Received: as a gift from Simon & Schuster Canada

Once upon a time there was a very hungry lion and some adorable little animals...

What do you think happened next?
...

  

This is another book that was a wonderful gift from Simon & Schuster Canada when Spencer was born.  Such a thoughtful gift, thank you!

I recently read this to Spencer and she loved it. She was patting the pictures and giggling when I made the loud noises that book called for. I pointed out all of the cute little animals as they appeared in the book and slowly disappeared again. The pages were fun in that some were completely black, some had just the lion with one word in CAPITALS to make it dramatic when you read it and some had colourful pages filled with all sorts of animals. The other thing that I loved about the book was the the drawings are done in a way that it looks like a child coloured them. My favourite animals were the pigs and penguin while Spencer's were the lion and the sheep. And lastly, just because it's about a hungry lion don't assume anything - this book has surprises instore!

I would definitely recommend this book for those with little ones. I'd say a good age is probably three and up, but Spencer enjoyed it and she is only seven months old (almost eight). I think this will be a book we read often.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...