Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017!

So pretty much 2016 was not my best blogging year to date. This pretty much was due to pregnancy and having a new baby. Well, Spencer Grace is now 6 months old and is still a ton of work. I'm excited to say goodbye to 2016 and welcome 2017 with open arms. Here's hoping that I can accomplish it all (I go back to work in June as well so that will lessen my time drastically, but I'm optimistic that I can do this!).

Last year, I completed a few of my goals and challenges and failed a few. I surpased my Goodreads goal, aced my Audiobook Challenge goal and didn't make it even halfway with my Read My Own Damn Books Challenge. And as always, I'm still picking away at the Gilmore Girls Challenge. I read quite a few books last year, but I really didn't review many on the blog, so I just might try to write some of them up this year as well as books I'm reading in 2017.

Here is my wishlist for 2017:

1) Pick away at the Gilmore Girls Challenge (plus update it to add in the books mentioned in the four new episodes that were released in 2016). 
2) Complete my Goodreads goal of reading 60 books.
3) Participate in the Audiobook Challenge again. I'll be attempting the Stenographer level (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15.
4) Read and review lots of children's books with my baby girl. No set limit as we'll be reading every day, but reviewing as often as we can.
5) Clean up my blog: work on SEO, fix broken links, add reviews to my A-Z tab, cross post review and general maintenance that didn't happen in 2016.
6) Bookstagram - more of this and have fun with it.

7) Blogger Shame Review Challenge - this is right up my alley. I have so many books that I am behind on that I hope to get my Netgalley feedback score up this year. My goal is to read 15 past due review books.
8) #OneWord2017 - see last year's post for more info.


Audiobook Challenge:
1 - The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty
2 - Orphan Train by Christine Baker Kline
3 - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
4 - Fifteen Mintues by Karen Kingsbury
5 - Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews
6 - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling
7 - I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
8 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
9 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
10 - The 100 by Kass Morgan
11 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix by JK Rowling
12 - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
13 - Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
14 - Requiem by Lauren Oliver
15 - Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica
16 - The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
17 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
18 - The Good Girl by Mary Kubica
19 - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
20 - Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
21 - The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
22 - Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
23 - The Grownup by Gillian Flynn
24 - Bossypants by Tina Fey
25 - Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
26 - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
27 - Across the Universe by Beth Revis
28 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
29 - Liesel & Po by Lauren Oliver
30 - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
31 -  Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica
32 - The Fever by Megan Abbott

Blogger Shame Review Challenge
1 - Cat VS Human Fairy Tails by Yasmine Surovec
2 - Fifteen Minutes by Karen Kingsbury
3 - The 100 by Kass Morgan
4 - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
5 - The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
6 - The Fever by Megan Abbott
7 - 
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 - 
 

What are your goals or resolutions for 2017?

4 comments:

  1. My goal is 100 books, it's unlikely I'll get there though. I also want to read more books than listen- this past year I did a lot of audiobooks. Good luck with all your goals this year. You're going to crush them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you meet your goal this year anyway. I listened to more books than read physical print copies too. I'm hoping to mix it up more this year.

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of the Blogger Shamer Challenge. I just got my Netgalley rating up to 80% and would really love to keep it there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the challenge will help me improve my rating on NetGalley.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...