Tuesday, January 5, 2016

#oneword2016 - enjoy

So I found this simple little exercise/challenge while finally reading TheBloggess for the first time - #oneword2016, where you pick one word to represent your 2016. You need to pick ONE WORD that will describe your goal for the coming year. 

This is harder than you think. There are always so many great goals to have, but what ONE WORD do you pick to challenge yourself to reach your goal? 

I've decided on the word ENJOY. This is the year to enjoy every moment, savor every minute and absorb every detail. A baby on the way will change everything and I want to enjoy every second of it!


enjoy [en-joi]
verb (used with object)
1. to experience with joy; take pleasure in
2. to have and use with satisfaction
3. to find or experience pleasure in
synonyms: appreciate, fancy, relish, savor

For ideas - check out the hashtag #oneword2016 on Twitter.

What ONE WORD would you pick for your 2016 challenge?

4 comments:

  1. I think that is an excellent goal! I'm trying to keep a more mellow 2016 myself.

    Also? Love the Bloggess!! You must read (if you haven't already) her post on Beyoncé the Giant Metal Chicken. I laughed so hard during that post and it still makes me laugh. Her books are pretty amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great goal for 2016!

      I just started reading her blog, I'll had to look for the Beyoncé post. And I have her first book on my TBR shelf for this year and hopefully will pick up her second later this year. :)

      Thanks for stopping by and happy 2016!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing!! I love the concept of this and I totally agree with you. It would've been mine too. You get soo lost in the "I must read all my TBR shelf" that you don't spend enough time on certain books as you should.

    Love this!♥
    I'm also a new follower of yours :), have a great day!

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Jay! I actually just went through all of my books this week as I am downsizing my office to make room for baby, so I have lots of books I am donating or selling. It's a crazy feeling to cut back on my TBR pile, but also a great weight off my shoulders. :)

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...