Thursday, August 13, 2015

Reading Habits Tag

READING HABITS

I found this meme over at Quinn's Book Nook... and you know I love me a great bookish meme, so here we go.

Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
I love to read in bed. All snuggled under the covers and surrounded by my two cats. It's my favourite place to read. Sometimes I fall asleep though, so there are times where I don't get much reading done. 

source
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Usually a bookmark, but sometimes it's whatever is handy. I have an assortment of bookmarks, but I'm loving the magnetic ones from CraftedVan.

Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/a certain amount of pages?
Normally I like to finish a chapter if possible, but sometimes that is not an option and I'll try to stop at least at the end of a paragraph or page to make it easy to start again.

Mulitasking: Music or TV while reading?
Probably better with music in the background so I don't get distracted by what's happening on TV. Sometimes I can read while the TV is on, but it has to be something I'm not super interested in so I can ensure I stick to the book only. 

One book at a time or several at once?
I try to stick to one at a time, but usually end up with a few started. I generally have one book and one audiobook going. I listen to the audiobook while cutting the lawns (that way I can keep reading/listening while on the lawn tractor). 

Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. I read in the car now that my hubby drives most often. I read at work over my lunch and breaks. I take books on vacation and even short visits home to visit my Dad (I read before bed no matter where I am). 

source
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silent. Who reads out loud? I thought only little kids did that when they were learning to read. Guess I was wrong.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I never read ahead. I have sometimes skipped pages if the descriptions are too much, but that is rare because I'm always afraid I'll miss something important. 

Breaking the spine of keeping it like new?
If it's my book, I try to keep them like new. If it's a used book then I don't care so much. And if it's someones book then I try to keep it like new. 

Do you write in your books?
Never. I've been tempted though. Sometimes I want to highlight quotes or write my thoughts, but I don't. I just donated a ton of ARCs to my local library for a program they have called Graffiti in the Margins, where people can borrow ARCs from the library and write their thoughts in the books and then others will see it when they borrow it next. I think that is kind of fun and a good way to use ARCs. 

I tag anyone who wants to do this meme! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...