Saturday, May 2, 2015

Guiltless Pleasures: Movies

Normally people talk about their secret obsessions with television shows, certain genres of books, music, etc that are not always loved by others and they call them GUILTY PLEASURES. But in all honesty, I think they should be call GUILTLESS PLEASURES. Why should we feel guilty of loving something that others do not?

Pitch Perfect is a great movie if you just want to forget your worries, have a sing along and a few laughs. Beca is the perfect outsider and Jesse is the perfect movie geek for her. Not only do they both love music and pop culture, but they balance each other. And well The Breakfast Club references with Don't You (Forget About Me) are the perfect way to bring them together. I cannot wait for Pitch Perfect 2! PS Anna Kendrick is awesomesauce! Check her out on Twitter.











August Rush - yep more music! This is beautiful story of love through music. Nothing like an orphan trying to find his birthparents all while making wonderful music out of everything. Also - this is where my love of the name Lila comes from and my love for Jonathan Rhys Meyers (love that accent)! Oh and Robin Williams.

The Last Unicorn - a classic! You can't tell me you wouldn't have guessed this one, especially if you've read my blog for some time. I adore the book and the movie.Such beautiful animation.

The Princess Bride - another classic. Seriously! You must watch this if you have never seen it before or the ROUSes might getcha. Andre the Giant, Robin Wright and Cary Elwes. I've been watching it since I was little.

So what are some of your fave movies that you should not feel guilty about loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...