Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thinking Out Loud About Ed Sheeran

So I think I'm in love with Ed Sheeran's voice. I melt a little every time I hear the song Thinking Out Loud. I find myself humming the tune at random times during the day and signing lines like, "So honey now, Take me into your lovin’ arms, Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars". The music makes me nostalgic and wistful. It makes me want to dance in the kitchen in my husbands arms (which I did last night while listening to this song and making dinner - in he walked and I just snuggled into his arms and made him dance with me). The video is lovely - the dancing style matched with the music so perfectly and makes me smile each time I watch it.



I was listening to it on the way to work the other day and as I was taking in the lyrics, it reminded me of one of my conversations with my Dad after my Mom had passed away. He said that no matter how much they went through he loved her so much and would give anything to take care of her again. So the lines, "When your legs don’t work like they used to before, And I can’t sweep you off of your feet, Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love, Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks", makes me start to cry for the love they shared. As a kid, I took for granted that my parents were just my parents and I didn't think about the love they shared, it wasn't until my Mom fell ill and my Dad was taking care of her the best he could that I realized no matter the disagreements and hard times - they really, truly loved each other.

My Dad shared so many stories with me about the things he misses and wishes that he told her during the last months. So this song is not only romantic, but completely makes me want to ensure the I don't take love for granted. Don't just assume it will always be there, but to appreciate it while you have it and enjoy it. 

And he has a song on the soundtrack for The Fault In Our Stars. I adored the book and the video for the song All Of The Stars is great - love all of the little scraps of paper and clippings that make up the story of Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters.
Ed Sheeran - All Of The Stars
source
Ed Sheeran: A Visual JourneyI think his music is eclectic in the variety that he's chosen to write. I love every song that I've heard of his - Sing and Lego House (seriously love the video because it features Rupert Grint from Harry Potter!) are some of my favourites. And I love the cover of the album X. And I'm going to get my hands on a copy of Ed Sheeran: A Visual Journey by Ed Sheeran and Phillip Butah.

So what is your take on Ed Sheeran? Love him, does his music make you think of a memory or inspire you? Or is there another artist that's piqued your interest lately that I just need to check out?

3 comments:

  1. I agree. It's nice to see someone sign their own songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love him too. Even included one of his songs in the playlist for my next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when authors make playlists for their books!

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...