Saturday, February 28, 2015

Guiltless Pleasures: TV Shows

Normally people talk about their secret obsessions with television shows, certain genres of books, music, etc that are not always loved by others and they call them GUILTY PLEASURES. But in all honesty, I think they should be call GUILTLESS PLEASURES. Why should we feel guilty of loving something that others do not?

There are tons of shows, books and people that others adore and I do not, so why should I feel weird about enjoying a show that isn't IN or others don't like? I'll be writing some posts about my favourite guilty pleasures in all things pop culture of the next few weeks: TV shows, movies, music, books, etc.

Here are my television guiltless pleasures. Do you have any shows that I should try?

Gilmore Girls Criminal Minds Glee Breaking Amish 
Bones Long Island Medium 19 Kids and Counting

So far I've watched the entire Gilmore Girls, Breaking Amish and Bones seasons. I'm a big fan of 19 Kids and Counting but have only watched this past years episodes with the weddings and such (probably won't go back for the previous seasons). I'm in the middle of catching up on Glee as I've only watched until season four. I watch Criminal Minds all the time, but I know I've missed many episodes so I'll be on the hunt to try and watch them all. And my most guiltiest of guiltless pleasures is Long Island Medium... I watch from time to time and am fascinated by what she can do. 

*Sidenote: I also love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and own all but one of the seasons on DVD.

And the few shows that I'd like to start watching are Sons of Anarchy, Dexter (I have watched the first two seasons and own four seasons on DVD, so I should probably catch up), The Walking Dead (I've only watched the first two seasons), House and Supernatural.

What are your GUILTLESS PLEASURES?

2 comments:

  1. The Walking Dead is definitely awesome!! I'm loving Nashville... it's a bit soapy, but I love all the different plotlines. I just binge watched Black Sails which is super R rated, but a decent story (set 20 years before Treasure Island, so it mixes fictional characters with real historical pirates). I just caught up on the last season of White Collar (heists! Matt Bomer!), which I really enjoyed. Leverage is another great lesser known show (con artists who help people!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recs. I'll have to check those shows out!

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...