Friday, January 23, 2015

Making Life Easier

So this year I decided needs to be about getting organized. So what is the best way to get organized? With a planner and a plan of course. I spent a long time looking at planners and printable planners. And after weighing all of the pros and cons, I finally picked one from Staples.

It's oh so pretty and can lay flat due to it hardcover and spiral binding. So now I'm trying to dedicate time each day to update my planner. And it helps to have pretty things to organize things and keep it fun. 

Pretty pens, cute clips, washi tape, highlighters, post its and flags. I could live in the stationery store surrounded by all of those lovely and colourful items.


And after looking at my agenda and getting myself organized, I realized that I am going to stop using NetGalley for a while. I tend to get over excited with all of the books available and then run out of time to read and review the titles I was so excited about. It's almost overwhelming to be on the site, because I want to READ ALL THE BOOKS and it's just not possible. I'm going to keep my account open and try to tackle the ones I can still read as well as my TBR pile on my shelves and the few review books for tours I've accepted. Hopefully this will help with my feeling of being overwhelmed and then not reading due to those feelings. Don't get me wrong, NetGalley is amazing, but I can't limit myself to one or two titles and I feel like I'm letting everyone down, including myself, when I can't get through them. It makes me feel incredibly guilty and I think it adds to my reading slumps.

Over the holidays I did read a little more than I had been which was super exciting. Now I just need to write the reviews and keep this momentum going. 

Next up, working on my budget and adding that to the planner. And setting goals for DIY projects and household projects. Also adding in some health tracking as well (treadmill use, water intake, vitamins). I can't wait to share some of the awesome things that I have planned for this year. So stay tuned. You should see more posts happening over the next few months as I get the momentum going to blog more often.

3 comments:

  1. I know it's going to take some time, I even started a Blog Binder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty planner! I always enjoy setting up systems and getting myself organized... I just wish I were better at sticking to the systems! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lark. I'm using a few systems - my planner and then my Google calendar on my phone. We'll see how it all works. LOL

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...