Thursday, January 30, 2014

Deserted Island with Donna from Book Wookie

Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams  of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a  deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some  are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.
Today I am excited to have Donna from Book Wookie on the blog for my Deserted Island feature. And as funny as it is, I had no idea that she was Canadian. Perhaps I should have clued in when I saw .ca at the end of her URL, but I don't always look at the URL and well as Donna puts it - "Probably because I never used the word 'eh', eh? Ha ha."

What are five books you would want with you if you were ever stuck on a deserted island? And why?
  • Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews - This is my favorite book of all time and life would not be complete without it.
  • Petals on the Wind by V.C. Andrews - Because you can't have one without the other.
  • On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves - Another one of my favorites about, you guessed it, being stranded on a deserted island! Maybe it would give me some survival tips. At the least, it would entertain me and make me feel badly that I wasn't stranded with a hot young thang!
  • Survive! by Les Stroud - Because Survivorman is awesome and if anyone could get me rescued, it would be Les Stroud!
  • Hmmm...this is a tough one. I would probably bring a standalone book (no cliffhangers!) that I haven't read before but have been wanting to. Something like The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.


What five items would you want with you? And why?
  • Chapstick - I'm an addict. 'Nuff said.
  • Survival kit - No explanation needed.
  • Tampons - Because, quite frankly, I can't imagine my life without them.
  • Pictures of loved ones - So that I don't give up hope of being rescued.
  • A comfortable pair of shoes - Because the last thing I would need would be to step on something poisonous.
I love these choices. Personally I adored On the Island and I think it's hilarious to have that with you considering the topic of the story. And well you can't go wrong with chapstick and tampons. 

Thank you for stopping by today Donna!

About Donna:
Donna is the founder of Book Wookie and creator of the WordPress Book Review Plugin. She focuses on reviews in the New Adult, Young Adult, contemporary romance, dystopian and post-apocalyptic genres. She lives in Mississauga (just outside of Toronto) and has a huge passion for books.
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Google+

2 comments:

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...