Thursday, January 17, 2013

Deserted Island with author Nikki Jefford



Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams  of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five  other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a  deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some  are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see  what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.


Today Nikki Jefford, author of the Spellbound trilogy and Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, is here to share her deserted island wishlist. Nikki recently did a guest post for me about her SPELLBOUND SOUNDTRACK.



Book three in the Spellbound Trilogy - Enchantment is coming soon!


Now to check out Nikki's guest post and see what awesome items she would want to have with her to bide her time while stuck on my Deserted Island!



 

5 Books
1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Never gets old. Just me, Mr. Darcy, and the setting sun.
2. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – because it’s epically long, awesome, and ya know, I’m gonna have all this time on my hands. Gotta make each book go a long way.
3. To Beguile A Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt. This is a historical romance and steamy as all get out. If I’m alone on this island I’m going to need some, ahem, mental stimulation in addition to literary entertainment.
4. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. So I did a 180 there. This is one of my all-time favorite books. Like a favorite sitcom, this story can bring a smile to my lips even when life gets me down…or stranded!
5. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo so I can remind myself that there are worse things than being stranded on a deserted island.

5 Items
1. Notebook and pen. I’m always jotting down ideas, things to do, thoughts, feelings – escape plans! I have to have a journal.
2. Boogy board. When I’m not reading I’m hitting the waves for some fun in the sun!
3. Hairbrush. This is not a vanity thing. My hair just tangles easily and it drives me crazy and the last thing I want to do is go crazy on an island. Plus I can name him. Wilson. Wait Tom Hanks took that. How about Mr. Bristles?
4. Kite. Right, so I’ve never been a particularly practical person, but I’m amazingly adaptable not to mention a passing ship might notice my kite sailing in the sky.
5. A bottle of rum. No explanation necessary. ARR!
 
Right now you can enter a Goodreads giveaway for a copy of Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter (open to listed countries - see Goodreads page for info) ENDS February 5, 2013! CLICK HERE TO ENTER!


Bio:
Nikki Jefford is a third generation Alaskan who loves fictional bad boys and heroines who kick butt. She writes edgy teen fiction, including the Spellbound Trilogy and Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter.

Nikki married Sébastien, the love of her life, while working as a teaching assistant in France. They now reside in the not-so-tropical San Juan Islands, 70 miles northeast of Forks, Washington, on an island without a single traffic light.

1 comment:

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...