Thursday, November 1, 2012

Deserted Island with author Meredith Schorr




Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams  of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five  other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a  deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some  are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see  what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.


Meredith Schorr is this week's Deserted Island strandee (is that even a word? well it is now). She has an amazing way of choosing which books to take with her and I think it just might be a great way to make sure you have variety while stuck on this magical little island. Check out her choices below and then pop on over and check out her website.


Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog today and asking me these tough questions.  It was difficult to choose five books to have with me if I ever found myself stranded on a deserted island but here goes: 


Funny: I've got your number by Sophie Kinsella.  If I'm stuck on a deserted island, I'm going to need something to laugh about and Sophie's wit always works on me, and her endearing main characters tug at my heart strings as well. 

Sad: The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I love this hauntingly beautiful story and although I have read it several times, whenever I see the light blue cover on a bookshelf, I find it impossible not to pick it up and leaf through the pages. 

Sexy:  If I'm going to be all alone, maybe it's best if I skip the sexy stuff...

Classic: I've never read Jane Austen and my female friends have been threatening to lock me in a room with a book until I do, so perhaps some quality time with Pride & Prejudice during my seclusion would be perfect.  I think I might actually prefer Emma, but I need to find out what is so great about this Mr. Darcy fella!

Long: The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I've been putting off reading this book forever simply because I find the length to be intimidating.  On a deserted Island, I will be in no hurry so it might be the perfect time to dig in!

Personal - my first book Just Friends with Benefits as it was what started me on this writing adventure and will always hold a special place in my heart.  If I'm going down, it's coming with me.

Five items

I am a runner and thought about bringing sneakers but since I only get to take 5 items, I think I will try that barefoot running I keep hearing so much about!

1. A fully charged iPod - I cannot survive without music and would probably allow myself one song a day in attempt to save my sanity while keeping the charge alive for as long as possible.

2. Pen/paper set - to write another book, possibly a memoir about being stranded on an island.  (And there are note pads that come with pen/pencil so anyone out there who is muttering "cheater" under his breath, I'm not!!)

3. A Razor - even in my own company, I do not want hairy arm pits when I am rescued by that trio of sexy almost-naked men who happen to come upon the island after a day of long distance jet skiing.  

4. Book of matches - to start a fire - I've watched Survivor!

5. A flannel blanket - to keep warm at night.  I've watched Survivor a lot...

Thanks again for having me on your blog!  

Author Bio
Meredith Schorr is the author of two novels, Just Friends with Benefits and A State of Jane. When she is not busy writing novels, Meredith spends her days as a trademark paralegal at a law firm in New York City. Meredith is a loyal New York Yankees fan and an avid runner. She also loves to read and is always on the lookout for her new favorite author. 


Blurb of A State of Jane:

Jane Frank is ready to fall in love. It's been a year since her long term relationship ended and far too long since the last time she was kissed. With the LSAT coming up she needs to find a long term boyfriend (or husband) before acing law school and becoming a partner at her father's law firm. There's just one problem: All the guys in New York City are flakes. They seemingly drop off the face of the earth with no warning and no explanation. Should she join her best friend Marissa in singlehood, making cupcakes and watching True Blood? Or should she follow her co-worker Andrew's advice and turn the game back on those who've scorned her? As Jane attempts to juggle her own responsibilities and put up with the problems of everyone around her, she starts to realize that the dating life isn't as easy as she originally thought.

Buy links: Amazon | B&N | itunes

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me on your blog!! I had lots of fun choosing my books/items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a part of my feature. I loved they way you chose your books! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post, Meredith! I like that you chose one book from each of your different categories, kind of like a Noah's Ark thing! :) As I am one of the friends who's appalled that you've never read Austen, I applaud you bringing Price & Prejudice to the island with you. It really is the perfect book, but just between you and me, I prefer Northanger Abbey's Henry Tilney to Darcy (I like my men to have a sense of humor!)

    LOL about having a razor. That wouldn't have even crossed my mind, but it is something no woman should be without! Your rescue scenario is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, Meredith! (I like how you got around the pen/paper set issue! No one's calling you a cheater, ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post! If it takes being stranded on a deserted island to get you to read P&P that's what we'll have to do! ;) Looking forward to your next book about the trio of almost-naked men who come to rescue you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choices, Meredith! So, this is what it going to take to get you to read P&P? :-D

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...