Thursday, June 21, 2012

Deserted Island: Ambur of Burning Impossibly Bright



Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams  of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five  other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a  deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some  are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see  what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.



This week my new friend, Ambur from Burning Impossibly Bright, is stopping by with her packing list for her Deserted Island stay. Enjoy! (We have three things in common - we are Canadians, we love reading and we love GLEE!)


Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Chrystal! :D I love your Deserted Island feature, so I’m incredibly happy to be here!

What five items would you want with you if stuck on a deserted island?

Oooh, that’s a tough one. I think I'm gonna have to go with practical because as much as I love my Kindle, and the internet , I know they wouldn’t work on a deserted island. :P So, I'm gonna go with:

1. Radio (the mechanical crank kind ;D) –I can be all like the Professor from Gilligan’s Island and try to get it to work as a transmitter or I can listen to the radio…plus, since it’s got the crank, it’ll never run out of batteries! – The one I found online also has a flashlight! Yippee! :D

2. Flint – A girl needs fire…for food, warmth…and for entertainment ---as something to stare at aimlessly.

3. Hatchet – I read the Hatchet by Gary Paulsen when I was younger, so I know there is an awful lot that you can do with one hatchet. Firewood, shelter, cracking into coconuts, building rafts…all can be done with a handy hatchet! :D

4. A pet – I can’t decide between my dogs, so I'm just gonna say a pet. That way I have a companion…and if a pet isn’t available, I’ll become friends with a volleyball like Tom Hanks. :P


5. Fabric – I can make clothes, a tent, and whatever else I need…maybe even a sail if I decide to leave my island. :P

What five books would you want with you?

Oh, books…they would definitely help ease the monotony of being stuck on a deserted island. Choosing only five…well, that is a challenge. :P If I had to choose though, I would go with:




1. Are You There God, It’s MeMargaret by Judy Blume – This was one of my favourite books when I was younger, and I still absolutely love it. It’s hilarious, and it’s one of those stories that I never get tired of.

2. Ella Enchanted by Gail CarsonLevine – Another childhood favourite. :) I like to read this one whenever I'm having a bad day. It’s a short book, but it never fails to draw me in and cheer me up. I like the movie version too…but they’re completely different. :)

3. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger – I just recently reread this one, and I think I loved it even more than I did the first time. :D I love this story because it isn’t a conventional love story, and Wesley Rush isn’t your conventional heartthrob. He and Bianca are both flawed, and I love that. They’re realistic, and I love that….it’s one of those stories that help you realize it’s okay not to be perfect…and being trapped on a deserted island definitely wouldn’t be perfect. Although, my tan would be rockin! ;D haha

4. The Complete Works of Jane Austen – I’d totally buy a different edition than the one I have because the text in mine is super tiny, but I would love to have this one on a deserted island. I’d have all the time in the world to read as much Austen as I like…and I would love to read Pride & Prejudice while stuck on my deserted island…and if I'm gonna have one, I might as well have them all! :D

5. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare – I absolutely love Cassandra Clare…so I seriously need to have at least one of her books on the island with me! And since I can only bring one, I’d bring COG because it’s the former conclusion of the series, and has my favourite scenes in it. :) I wouldn’t mind having City of Bones, or Clockwork Angel on the island either, but I think I’d avoid City of Ashes, City of Fallen Angels, and ClockworkPrince just because they all are more middle books, and I’d rather have the beginning or somewhat of an ending…otherwise I may go crazy on my island! Haha

There are so many books that I would love to have on my island, but it’s really tough picking just five, especially since most of my favourite books are part of series! I think I’d be happy with those five though! :D

Thanks again for having me here Chrystal, it’s been fun! :D – Ambur

Burning.x.Impossibly.x.BrightAbout Ambur:
I'm addicted to books...and Glee. I like the colour orange, and music. I'm also a big animal fan. I have 2 dogs, a dachshund, and a chihuahua. I also used to have a cockapoo, miss him to bits! Keep smiling people, it makes the world brighter. :) even in emoticon form ;)

You can find Ambur all over the internet: Blog | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook 

5 comments:

  1. Glee? Really? *shivers* LOL I love how practical everyone who participates in this feature is. Makes me feel kinda shallow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I like Glee. It's my guilty pleasure. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun interview! I never thought about bringing my pet for company, well played! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me on your blog today, Chrystal! :D Oh, yes..Glee! :D I won't lie though, this season was definitely not my favourite...but that's because I've been sick of Rachel since the first season. :P I'm hoping now that she's graduated, she won't be the main focus anymore. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just going to watch the last episode today actually. And ya I am getting tired of Rachel too. LOL

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...