Thursday, March 15, 2012

Deserted Island: Cheryl of Kickin' Back with Kiwi



Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see what your fave authors and bloggers would pick.



This week Cheryl from Kickin' Back with Kiwi is here to share her experience of being stranded on a deserted island. I think I picked a good week to send her to the island. ;) Thanks for participating Cheryl!

*****

Thanks to Chrystal for stranding me, even if metaphorically, on a deserted island, especially today of all days. You see, outside my house is 10 inches of snow, still falling mind you, and inside are the three terrors commonly known as  my children. So, you see, a deserted island is absolutely what I need right now.

OK, so first my "things." We'll start out with the logical ones.
1- Swiss army knife. You know, the one will all the gadgets, gizmos and the kitchen sink.
2- A magically unending supply of Duct Tape. Really, what can't you do with the stuff these days.
3- A tablet computer (whichever one, I'm not picky) that auto loads (maybe by satellite feed) every Tuesday with the most recently released movies and music (in all genres so I'd never get bored) Because after 13 years at home with children, I think I would find that much silence and free time seriously scary. And yes, I guess this one is cheating....
4- A solar-powered Keurig coffee maker with a built in water filtration system that also has a charger for my tablet. This is of course including a magically unending supply of K cups. Because, sometimes I think that a cup of coffee is all that keeps me going.This one really is cheating...lol. It could happen, you never know.
5- My initial answer for my fifth "thing" was Roarke from JD Robb's In Death series, but alas he is unavailable. So I will choose something else. I want Mary Poppins' magical carpet bag. You know, the one that holds all of her belongings, and everything one might need. Maybe that's how I am getting my supply of tape and coffee.

Hey, no one ever said these 5 things had to be real :)
And now for those books.

1- Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Ash is by far my favorite of her characters, and I love to read his story, over and over.
2- New York to Dallas by JD Robb. This is my favorite of this series, emotional trauma and everything. Love it.
3- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I figure if I wanna keep around any book in this series, I'd keep the last one.
4- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - They sell one that has all the books in it. Awesome! That's the edition for me please, because how do you pick just one?
5- The Complete Works of Shakespeare. For two reasons. One, it seems like this might take a bit of time to get through. Two, I actually liked good old Bill, and find it a shame that I never read more of his stuff.
Well, I guess that's it for me. Thanks for giving me something to take my mind off all this chaos, even for a tiny bit. 

*****
Thank you so much for participating! 


You can find Cheryl on the web: Blog | Twitter 

6 comments:

  1. I like the cheating ways, 3-5 are awesome ideas, plus the Duct tape, I0d never think of that, silly me.;)

    Great book choice, too. I still have to read 1-3 but they sound great (and would be about time I start In Death series).

    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pepca! Nice seeing you around the blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Have to agree with the duct tape. Being Canadian, I know that you can do anything with duct tape. For example, build a raft and float to land. While you are floating you will have lots of time to lay back, get a tan and read those great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! Yay another Canadian blogger! Gotta love duct tape!

      Delete
  3. I would definitely want one or all of the HP books with me if I was stranded. It's interesting (and VERY difficult) to try and think of which ones I would want...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. That being said... would you be interested in participating in Deserted Island as a guest poster?

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...