Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bookie Brunch

I really liked today's question, so instead of just replying at the hosts blog, I decided to make up a full post on the topic. 

Welcome to Bookie Brunch
Come join the discussion!
* Every Sunday*

Today's host: The book nerd 





Okay I recently read and reviewed Drink Slay Love by Sarah Beth Durst and LOVED IT! So I decided to write my answer based on this book.

I Don't Wanna Be by Gavin Degraw (the general idea of the lyrics are what make me think of Pearl - I know they lyrics say stuff about "son" etc. but the main concept is perfect for her).  Pearl has to make some tough decisions on who she once was and who she can actually be.... these lyrcis represent her realization of what she needs to do.

I don't have to be anyone other
Than the birth of two souls in one
Part of where I'm going, is knowing where I'm coming from 
I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me

Secret Smile by Semisonic - these lyrics kind of describe the quiet, unknown relationship between Pearl and Evan 
Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile
And you use it only for me
Nobody knows it but you've got a secret smile

And you use it only for me
So use it and prove it
Remove this whirlin' sadness

I'm losin', I'm bluesin'
But you can save me from madness
Remedy (I Won't Worry) by Jason Mraz - these lyrics kinda remind me of Pearl and how she was once just a regular vampire and now she is a daywalker - once you read the book and understand how and why she was made into a daywalker this song might make a lot more sense (but I don't want to giveaway why Remedy makes sense). 

now something on the surface it stings
that something on the surface it kind of makes me nervous who says that you deserve this
and what kind of god would serve this? We will cure this dirty old disease
if you've got the poison I've got the remedy

the remedy is the experience. It is a dangerous liaison

I say the comedy is that its serious. Which is a strange enough new play on words
I say the tragedy is how youre gonna spend the rest of your nights with the light on
So shine the light on all of your friends because it all amounts to nothing in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...