Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Michael Grant Exclusive - BZRK

Imagine my surprise when I opened my email tonight to find a request from the publishing group that is working with Michael Grant (author of the best selling GONE series) on his newest series as well as a transmedia experience to promote said series. I am completely in awe that I was chosen as a blogger to help promote this exciting new book.
What is "transmedia" and why use it? Mr. Grant explains here:
There are different approaches to transmedia. Most people take a single story and reproduce it on various platforms. My philosophy has been to make each element - ARG, app, web, book - a thing unto itself, each revealing some aspect of the world of BZRK. I've been fascinated with this is as a new way to tell stories. The book remains central, but now I can reach beyond the book and create a much more complete world. I can tell stories that enhance the book, and stories that parallel the book, and stories that are offshoots of backstory. I guess the answer to "why" is "because it's fun."

What if someone wants to follow the story but doesn’t want to participate?
You don't have to do anything. You can do one thing and not another. But the deeper you plunge the wetter you get. I think every part of this is fun, I think people will enjoy the ARG, the app, the site and the books.

What can you tell us about the story? What is “BZRK”?
It's a battle for the soul and freedom of the human race carried out simultaneously in the world we know, and in a world that you're not going to expect. It's a world where if you make a false move, you're going to lose your mind.
So pretty much it breaks down like this:
1) There are going to be things to follow and watch for including: written word, video, puzzles and more. The book comes out this winter, but the interactive part starts now.
2) Currently two websites that you can check out and one of them you can actually sign up on to participate further. (see below for links) I've already signed up and made a profile on the Nexus Humanus site (snowdropreams) in case you want to friend me.
3) Keep following along as I write more blog posts as information is released to me. (Reminds of a few other book releases that had fun clues to follow etc).

Now for the info that I have been authorized to release:
The missing son of a U.N. diplomat... the reemergence of a strange organization... a pair of society twins caught in the middle... this is just the beginning of "Go BZRK," a new transmedia experience from author Michael Grant.

If you're ready to take the plunge in an interactive story like you've never experienced before, visit societytwins.com and register with nexushumanus.com to take your first steps in a strange and compelling universe.

Filled with video, puzzles, community collaboration, and more, "Go BZRK" put YOU the player right in the middle of the action as you join Nexus Humanus and unravel a mystery that may hold the key to the fate of all mankind.
THE FUTURE BEGINS WITH YOU!

I've located some interesting links by searching the sites and doing some google work.
1) Facebook pages for Sophie and Sylvie Morgenstein (Society Twins) and some creepy guy from Nexus Humans - Armand Cage
2) There is a website called The Shadow Gang (not making much sense yet to me, but it seems to fit since the emails came from someone at The Shadow Gang) Twitter - @theshadowgang and website for The Shadow Gang (I've requested a code for the site - but not sure what will happen).
3) YouTube Channel for Nexus Humanus - and a Facebook page too (closed group)

I will keep updating this page as I find interesting links etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...