Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blogoversary: Favourite Bookish Events

Okay so over the last year I've attended just a few bookish events and I loved them. I cannot wait to attend more - but they require lots of planning ahead and booking time off work as I don't like in a city that hosts events EVER. I tend to drive to Toronto or Ottawa for anything I can get to... so today I decided to write about the two events that I attended last year. (Sadly I was supposed to go to the Maggie Steifvater event in Oshawa yesterday, but attended a Blue Jay game with my fiancee instead. The things you do for love, eh?

Okay the first event that I ever attended was shortly after I started my blog and it was totally worth attending by myself (well my fiancee came with me, but just kinda hung out waiting patiently for me). I was lucky enough to attend the Toronto stop of the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour. Check out my blog post here for what happened at the event and all the authors who attended. 

Once Every NeverThe other event that ended up being really awesome this year was Lesley Livingston's book launch party for Once Every Never! Lesley was a lot of fun to listen to and to meet - check out my post here. I also got to meet up with some of my fellow Canadian book bloggers - it was so nice to actually meet some of them (including Cristie from AandC Book Junkies!)

And well there were some events that I wish I had been able to attend like BEA and Book Blogger Con. Maybe one day I will get to attend them. At least for this coming year of blogging I have plans for a few amazing bookish events already! 

What were your favourite events this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...