Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Once Every Never Book Launch @LesLivingston

Had a fantabulous night at Lesley Livingston's book launch for Once Every Never! She was so completely down to earth, easy to talk to and extremely fun. She did the most amazing reading - filled with character voices, gestures and complete immersion in telling the tale.
She took time with each person that came to get books signed and made you feel like you mattered - she thanked her friends, family and the blogging community. Lesley was so absolutely charming. She signed three books for me: my ARC, a copy for a friend and well a finished copy that will be given away shortly on my blog. 
She even had some friends dress up as Druids and Romans. The looked spectacular. One of the blogger girls I met has a group picture that I hope will pop up on their blog this week (when it does I'll snag a copy to show you the group). 
I finally got to meet Christie from Bookjunkies! She is the sweetest person ever (and so is her sister). I also met some other new bloggers (who were even nice enough to drive me to my car - since I parked further away than I thought). It was nice to meet Mel from He Followed Me Home and Jackie from My Ever Expanding Library. Oh and I met SallySparrow and Mel and Jackie introduced me to Bronwyn from PenguinCA

Book Bloggers with Druids and Romans OH MY!

CHECK OUT LESLEY'S GREAT NEWS HERE!  

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like such fun!! I can't wait to read 'Once Every Never'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds like such a fun event! I love when authors are able to chat with readers personally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley and Lisa - It was well worth the long drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny -It was a lot of fun. :) Very different for a book signing. I've only been to ones a bookstores before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks like a lot of fun! I wish I would have been able to make it but it fell right in the middle of my exams. Oh well :) I'm looking forward to reading the book nonetheless. Hope you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TheStoryQueen - It was a lot of fun. Too bad you had exams - I think you would have like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...