Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Friday Follow

Book Blogger Hop

“When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”

 I've always loved reading, but only a few years ago did I realize just how much reading means to me. It's an escape during a bad day, it's for learning, it's relaxing and it's fun to share fave reads with friends. 


In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

I don't have a favourite fairy tale (perhaps Sleeping Beauty), but I do have a few favourite series that involve faeries. I would have to say Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Series is my absolute favourite and then next would be Holly Black's Modern Faerie Tales (Valiant, Tithe, Ironside). 

8 comments:

  1. Hopping by- I'm an old follower! I've loved books ever since I can remember too but bloggig has helped to to realise just how important they are. Enjoy your weekend :D

    www.bestfriends-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here. I love both of those series, though I do need to catch up on the Iron Fey series!

    Our post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stephanie - Blogging has definately opened my eyes to a completely different book world than I ever imagined possible. :)

    @Book Sake - Oh you should totally catch up with Iron Fae... so many great books. Just finished Summer's Crossing and wish it had been longer. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from the FF hop. i don't read fairy novels but i do have a favorite fairy tale, stop by
    http:/sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answer. I love your choices.

    Here's my Friday

    Amy@adumbrations

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Iron Fey series! I love it! Can't wait for The Iron Knight! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been a passionate reader since 7th grade but it took a while for me to realize how much a part of my life books were. I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I love Iron Fey. I need to read Holly Black's series.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...