Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Book Bloggers DO Sell Books

Amber over at Down The Rabbit Hole did a post recently called Do Book Bloggers Sell Books? (You should go read it if you haven't.) So I decided to make my own list of books that I've purchased all because book bloggers wrote about them.

A Blue So Dark
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler - I had never heard of this book until I had read The Story Siren's review of it.




Graceling 
This one is in my TBR pile still, but I did buy it after seeing it on pretty much every blog. I'm really looking forward to reading this one.




The Hunger Games
This is another one that was all over the blogosphere that I hadn't heard of at all. Once I started seeing reviews posted all over for the third book in the series I knew I had to get on the bandwagon (now if only I could fit the rest of my series into the huge TBR pile.)



There are many more books on my shelves that have been inspired by fellow book bloggers and I really appreciate all of the recommendations that I've received since I started blogging. My TBR pile is growing everyday!

5 comments:

  1. I have to agree that book bloggers do sell books. I think a majority of what is on my shelves have come from book blogger reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really great my post got you thinking of this! I love writing those posts. Like you, I have so many books I wouldn't have had otherwise because of bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - isn't it great that you can find books from fellow bloggers... sometimes I don't know what I am looking for until I've found it staring rigth at me. :)

    Amber - I love these posts too, so I am determined to start writing more myself. To get discussions going around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrystal!
    Very true! I love In my Mailbox for that very reason. I wander through hundreds of blogs (if I have time to do that many!) and find new books to read. Not that I need any more books added to the TBR pile, but I don't look in stores....I look at blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb! Crazy how word of mouth is more powerful than anything else sometimes. :) I love IMM too!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...