Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNo Fail!

So I officially FAIL at NaNoWriMo. To be fair it was my first year trying. I registered once before to see what the hype was about years ago, but never actually tried to write anything until this year. 

The reason I failed was:
1) Not doing up an actual outline of plot, characters, etc.
2) Being lazy in general and not being consistant in writing daily or even weekly.

I made it to a grand total of 2,030 words during the first week and that is where I stayed for the remainder of the month. 

I think that for now reading is much more important to me than writing, though I plan to one day flesh out my plot idea and characters so that I can actually go back and write this great idea I have. Now is just not the right time I guess.

How did you all fare in the NaNoWriMo world? I would love to hear if you reached the goal, if you accomplished your own unwritten goals, etc.

9 comments:

  1. At least you tried it! I didn't even attempt it, even though I wanted to. I'll have to do it after I finish my A Levels though, otherwise I'd never finish. Congrats on the 2k words ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully insist that there is no such thing as failing NaNoWriMo - those 2000+ words that you put to paper would not be there if you hadn't jumped at the chance to try this experience out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lisa and Amber. What's important is that you attempted it. There's no way to fail at writing. The only ones that do are those that don't try.

    Russell Brooks
    Author of Pandora's Succession
    http://www.russellparkway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did better than me! I didn't even try haha. Nano happens to fall on the month when school is busiest for me. :( With all the reading and essay writing, I wasn't really in the mood to write more in my down time.

    And I agree with everyone else. Be proud of what you did accomplish. Every word is a step in the right direction! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! You are right... I did get a start and I guess you can't really fail something you were just trying out. :) You made my day a little brighter by commenting on this entry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you signed up and gave it a shot! Sounds like you figured out a few things, which you can use for next year :)

    I'm no writer so NaNo is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone, at least you tried. I meant to do it this year, I really did, I even signed up way early to make sure I'd do it... and then I committed to writing a novel for a final project for a class, which is due on Monday and a paper for a conference which was last Friday. I was all written out, I didn't even visit the website the entire month =/ Oh well, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to what everyone else has said. At least you attempted it, which is more than most people say they did! :)

    This was my second year participating, so I knew what I was getting into and was able to accomplish the 50,000 words. It was really hard though. I had to sacrifice a lot of energy and sleep in order to make my word quota for the day. The writing is pretty crappy, but I don't really care. Its 50,000 more words than I had to begin with! Do you think you'll give it a shot again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emi! I do plan to try again next year, but I will be more organized for sure. :)

    Congrats on making the goal!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...