Saturday, October 2, 2010

IMM (7)

IMM is a meme Kristi started at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

The idea behind IMM was not only to put new books on your radar but to also encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of my mailbox & books bought. And sometimes other fun goodies.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

This week I received one awesome book in the mail that I won from Squeaky Clean Reads

 The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry
 When her parents attend the royal ball and never return, young Lucinda is forced to work in her evil aunt's jewelry store for the rest of her life, but when a mysterious visitor carrying a magical piece of jewelry comes into the shop one day, Lucinda's plans for avenging her parents' death become more real as the royal ball approaches.




I borrowed one book from the library today (though I assure you I am not at a loss for books to read and have a habit of putting off ones I should be reading to pick up more - Bad Chrystal.). 

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
The Carrie Diaries is the coming-of-age story of one of the most iconic characters of our generation.
Before Sex and the City, Carrie Bradshaw was a small-town girl who knew she wanted more. She's ready for real life to start, but first she must navigate her senior year of high school. Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture, and a friend's betrayal makes her question everything.
With an unforgettable cast of characters, The Carrie Diaries is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer. Readers will learn about her family background, how she found her writing voice, and the indelible impression her early friendships and relationships left on her. Through adventures both audacious and poignant, we'll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins.

And lastly... this is just for fun because I found it at the library too... a HUNGER GAMES bookmark... the symbol is all shiny and gold. 

2 comments:

  1. Cool book mark! I wish my library had awesome book marks like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April... I have never seen cool bookmarks at my library before and happened across this and was completely excited to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...