Friday, October 15, 2010

BOOK BLOGGER HOP & friday follow: OCT 15-18, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from Christina who blogs at The Paperback Princesses.
"When you read a book that you just can't get into, do you stick it out and keep reading or move to your next title?"
Before starting my book blog, I used to force myself to finish a book that I picked up or was given. But now that I am reviewing books, I think I would pass on it if it didn't work for me. I have not come across one yet as I haven't been blogging for too long yet, but I think I would put a DNF (did not finish) rating on it and write something about why I didn't like it. I don't see the point of forcing yourself to finish something you could care less about. Just my two cents.

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm actually the opposite. Before starting my book blog, I used to abandon books all the time. Now, precisely because I'm going to be reviewing them, I try to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to say hi. Stop by and visit sometiime and enter my book giveaway and while your there do the poll that i have going.
    I love your blog
    Lora
    http://readforyourfuture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!"
    I will stick with it and finish a book even if I don't like it. And if it's part of a series I will finish that too. I feel like I'm going to miss something incredible if I don't. LoL
    Happy reading this weekend!
    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/
    New follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good idea to put a DNF rating on it. I never thought of doing that before! I usually try to finish whatever I start, but sometimes...it's just HARD!
    Thanks for coming by my site today AND for adding my books to your TBR! Hope you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    I´m stopping by to share some blog hopping love!
    I´m a new follower now!


    Have a great weekend!

    Christine
    @Reading on the Dark Side

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your title caught my eye! I hope you had a great weekend! I am following now. You can find me on twitter @cozyreadersnook or my blog http://acozyreaderscorner.blogspot.com I would love it if you get the chance to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. There's no point in forcing yourself to suffer.

    Check out my Blog Hop and Follow Friday HERE!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...