Saturday, July 27, 2019

I Should Have Read That Book Tag


So I stumbled upon this one via Paper Fury - her blog posts area always so fun to read and this tag is right up my alley as I am really behind on my TBR too. The tag was created by Book Nest.

Rules:

Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their post
Link to the creator’s blog (booksnest.co.uk) in your post
Answer the questions below
Tag 10 others to take part (I'm not tagging anyone, just feel free to tag yourself)
ENJOY THE TAG!


The Questions

  • A book that a certain friend is always telling you to read 
  • A book that’s been on your TBR forever and yet you still haven’t picked it up
  • A book in a series you’ve started, but haven’t gotten round to finishing yet
  • A classic you’ve always liked the sound of, but never actually read
  • A popular book that it seems everyone but you has read
  • A book that inspired a film/TV adaptation that you really love, but you just haven’t read it yet 
  • A book you see all over Instagram but haven’t picked up yet


1) A book that a certain friend is always telling you to read - Sadly I don't have many people suggesting books for me to read, it's usually the other way around. But I'd say the most recent one I've been recommended was The Show Child by Eowyn Ivey from Kristilyn.

2) A book that’s been on your TBR forever and yet you still haven’t picked it up - Based on my Goodreads shelf of Want To Read, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong is the book on my TBR the longest (but I'm sure there are others that have been on my mental TBR longer). 

3) A book in a series you’ve started, but haven’t gotten round to finishing yet - I have only read the first book in the Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery, even though I own the entire series in a most gorgeous cover design. I actually won it in a contest and keep meaning to sit down and read the rest. Anne is such a great character and I want to see her continue to grow. Maybe I should add the next book, Anne of Avonlea, to my monthy TBR for August?

4) A classic you’ve always liked the sound of, but never actually read - The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett is a children's classic that I've always wanted to read. This is one that I want to make sure I read sometime soon.

5) A popular book that it seems everyone but you has read - This one is easy! The Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan. I actually received an ARC, but only started it a while back and had to put it down. It's far past time that I pick it back up to see what everyone is talking about. Especially since the sequel is coming out.

6) A book that inspired a film/TV adaptation that you really love, but you just haven’t read it yet - this one is hard. I don't watch a lot of TV or movies. I tend to read when I have spare time. And... I've got nothing for this one. I have a few books that I want to read before I watch the movie like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Screenplay by JK Rowling and The Haunting at Hill House by Shirley Jackson.

7) A book you see all over Instagram but haven’t picked up yet - I'm on a thriller kick again and I keep seeing Lock Every Door by Riley Sagar. I've yet to read a book from this author, but know a lot of bloggers really enjoy the writing, so this book is on my radar.


What books would you pick for each question? Link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...