Sunday, October 1, 2017

I'm Joining The House Cup Reading Challenge! #housecupreadingchallenge


I've been MIA lately on the blog due to being back to work and not having enough hours in the day to be the Momma I want to be and read/blog as much as I'd like. Since being a parent comes first, the blog took a backseat. BUT - now I'm getting back into the groove and stumbled upon this amazing challenge on Twitter and just knew I had to sign up! I've been listening to the audio versions of the Harry Potter series for my reread and felt like this Harry Potter themed reading challenge is just what I needed!

The House Cup Reading Challenge runs from Sunday, October 15, to Sunday, November 12. You should check it out!

Hogwarts Student Questionnaire
Name: Chrystal

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff

Wand Type: Redwood with dragon heartstring, 9 3/4", unyielding flexibility (per Pottermore)

Pet: Sasha, black cat with white on her chest and pale green eyes

Favorite Subject: Charms

Favorite Professor: Professor McGonagall
Patronus: Blackbird (per Pottermore)



Here's how the points get added up (mostly a reminder to myself on what counts where): 

Main Challenge (20 points each)

Not everyone likes to be confined to a specific category, so we’ve decided that all books for the main challenge are reader’s choice. This means you can pick any book off your TBR list to count toward the main challenge!

First Year: reader’s choice

Second Year: reader’s choice

Third Year: reader’s choice

Fourth Year: reader’s choice

Fifth Year: reader’s choice

Sixth Year: reader’s choice

Seventh Year: reader’s choice

Bonus Challenges (10 points each)

For those who like categories to help narrow down their reading choices, here are thirteen bonus challenges to choose from. However, books you read for the bonus challenges cannot count toward the main challenge! For example,  if you pick The Hunger Games for the Slytherin bonus challenge (read a dystopian book), you cannot also count it toward your second-year challenge.

Gryffindor: Read a book with an epic hero/heroine

Hufflepuff: Read a book that contains a strong friendship

Ravenclaw: Read a book that revolves around a mystery

Slytherin: Read a book set in a dystopian world

Astronomy Class: Read a book set in outer space

Care of Magical Creatures: Read a book that features an animal or magical/mythical creature

Tri-Wizard Tournament: Read a book that includes a competition

Occlumency: Read a book about a character with magical abilities or superpowers

Death Eater: Read a book told from the POV of a villain

Platform 9 3/4: Read a book that features travel

Time Turner: Read a book set in the future or past

Fantastic Beasts: Read a spin-off to a beloved series

Dumbledore’s Army: Buddy-read a book with a friend or group

Social Media Bonus Points

Use the hashtag #housecupreadingchallenge on Twitter to earn 1 point per tweet (limited to 20 points total).

 

I haven't made up my list of books to read during the challenge, but I'll think about it some more and update soon.

Did you sign up? Do you want to? What house are you/would you be? 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. :) I also haven't made my list yet. But I'll probably only think about the books I'll be reading during the challenge.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...