Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book

 


There are many things that make me want to pick up a book, so here is my lit of what makes me want to read a book. The books pictured in this post are in my TBR pile for the reasons below!

Cover Love

It's true, I love a good cover. Interesting typography, colours and imagery. There isn't one specific style that grabs my attention as I'm drawn to many styles, but here is a sample of covers that had me from first glance.



Great Titles

A book with a fascinating title will draw me right in as well. So it's not just about the cover, but that helps!



Favourite Authors

I have a handful of authors that I will automatically buy anything they've written. I know a lot of reader/book bloggers in the same boat!


Interesting Topics

I have an eclectic taste in books and I'm not set on any one genre or subject matter. I love switching between genres to keep things exciting and fresh.


Recommended Reads

These are books that friends, bloggers and family have suggested that I'd like. Sometimes it's an author that has been suggested and sometimes a specific book.



BONUS: Memoirs

I'm a sucker for a great memoir, especially when it's a celebrity!

12 comments:

  1. You are so right about a catchy title! I've picked up a lot of books just for the great title alone. I have a few auto-buy authors too. I don't even need to read the synopsis, I just grab it. lol! Great list! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love auto buy authors. Sometimes I find new genres that way because they branch out from their normal writing.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh Jellicoe Road is so fantastic! It's one of my all-time favorite books <3 Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me shallow, but a good cover always gets me too! Auto-buy authors are definitely a motivating factor as well - when I saw that Kristin Cashore has a new book coming out, I was all over it even though it's not typically the kind of story I'd gravitate towards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? Covers are attention grabbers just like great titles! And I love when that happens with an auto buy author!

      Delete
  4. Covers and favorite authors- yup. Same here. And a great title too! Had not thought of that but I love a quirky or just awesome title. Recommendations are always great too especially when it turns out to be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes people recommend something I'd never pick up, so it's exciting to read something I wouldn't have found.

      Delete
  5. I love your list! Cover love is a big draw for me too! If it has a pretty cover and good reviews, I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to not be drawn in by a well designed and pretty cover!

      Delete
  6. I added a whole bunch of the books on your list to my TBR! Great post! I wrote a post too if you want to come check it out.

    Bre :) (forgottenpumpkinpie.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome! Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to check out your blog.

      Delete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...