Thursday, March 5, 2015

Harry Potter Moment of The Week - The One Who Had Everyone's Back

Harry Potter Moment of the Week - Uncorked Thoughts
banner is owned by Uncorked Thoughts
I stumbled upon this meme while checking out another blogger's posts and fell in love with this idea! I cannot believe that I hadn't stumbled upon Uncorked Thoughts blog before or this meme. So I'm going to try to participate weekly with this meme starting this week! If it sounds like fun or you are a super Harry Potter fan, check it out!

Best "Neville Moment"
I've decided that Neville is one of my favourite characters in the Harry Potter series and this is only years after finishing the books and watching the movies. I believe if you have time to reflect on the books you read that you can form opinions you wouldn't have originally had. You need time to absorb and contrast everything. And now when given the task to pick my best Neville moment, I've decided that he is surprisingly the most deserving of the Gryffindor name. He was loyal to a fault, he is extremely humble and honest and he is one of the most fierce friends you could ever hope to find in a lifetime. His speech to Voldemort shows how he has evolved into the perfect Gryffindor. Watch this clip so you can see for yourself and you'll see why it's my favourite Neville moment. 


WARNING: Spoilers if you haven't read all of the books!


Neville had the chance to just walk away from it all and go with the flow of everything that was happening around` him, but he chose to keep the fight alive while Harry was away and keeping Dumbledore's Army running. It takes a lot of bravery to step up and defy those in charge. 

I think this article from Tor.com says it best - Neville Longbottom is the Most Important Person in Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...