Thursday, December 13, 2012

Deserted Island: Author Donna Cummings


Weekly Feature here at Snowdrop Dreams  of Books where authors and bloggers share what five books and what five  other items they would want with them if they were ever stuck on a  deserted island and why they chose them. Some posts are serious, some  are extremely silly and some are mixture. Check back every week to see  what your favourite authors and bloggers would pick. Click here if you would like to participate.




This week author Donna Cummings has been stranded on my Deserted Island and is sharing the things she can't live without - well just a few of the things since we've been limited to five books and five items. Check out her choices below - some are quite creative and made me laugh out loud!


Books:

 

  1. Heaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

I love all her books, but there's something about ex-football player Bobby Tom Denton that makes me all dizzy and giggly and wishing I was the heroine in this story. Every single time I read it.

  1. Beauvallet by Georgette Heyer

He's a pirate in the Elizabethan times, so while I’m on the deserted island, waiting for a ship to rescue me, I can re-read this favorite story for the millionth time. Who can resist a pirate who not only laughs in the face of danger, but actually taunts it? And he will do anything to save the woman he loves, including running headlong into even more dangerous situations. Gotta love a guy like that.

  1. Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series

This should count as just one book, since the characters show up in each other's stories. But if I have to just bring one, I'll say Out of Control. It has two separate love stories and it's set in a jungle, so if this island stops being a paradise and becomes a battleground for warring factions, reading this story again will give me plenty of survival techniques used by both of the yummy heroes.

  1. Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series

I'm guessing I have to pick just one. . . okay, I'll say Demon from the Dark. I fell hard for the hero Malkolm, who can't speak the heroine's language, but does his best to demonstrate his feelings for her. Of course, there are bound to be misunderstandings, like when she's horrified at the slaughtered demon heads he's laid at her doorstep, not realizing he's proud to show his ability to protect her.

  1. Does my Goodreads TBR list count as one book? No? Dang. It should. I've got a lot of reading time on my hands while I'm on this island by myself.


Items to bring with me:

  1. Twitter

Okay, since I'm a writer I can totally bend the time/space continuum to make things work on a deserted island. And Twitter would be the best survival tool in the world! It could tell me where a stash of coffee beans is located, and where the hot island men are staying. If I decided I needed to leave, I'm sure my tweeps could send me the coordinates for meeting the rescue ship. Until then they could keep me entertained and I could tweet deserted island updates, like "the sand looks the same today".

  1. Coffeemaker

He doesn't even have to have a first name! As long as there is plenty of fresh coffee every day, I'd consider this deserted island a paradise.

  1. Nook

This device makes it so much easier to read books. Hopefully by then they'll have a completely submergible/waterproof version, because I'm sure being surrounded by all that water would invite some spills.

  1. Shark repellent

Not that I plan to frolic in the water. But you never know when a land shark might show up to surprise me while I'm reading.

  1. Magical bathing suit

Wouldn't this be great to have? It disguises all the parts you don't want people to see, and gives more oomph to the parts you DO want people to see. Maybe if it had shark repellent in it, I'd have one more item to bring with me. . .




Author Bio:


I have worked as an attorney, winery tasting room manager, and retail business owner, but nothing beats the thrill of writing humorously-ever-after romances.

I reside in New England, although I fantasize about spending the rest of my days in a tropical locale, wearing flip flops year-round, or in Regency London, scandalizing the ton.



My latest release, I Do. . .or Die, is a romantic comedy, with a heroine who has had colds last longer than her relationships. Getting shot at during a wedding was the best thing to happen to her love life.



Where to find me:

5 comments:

  1. I have to take Witch Way to Turn by my daughter Karen Y. Bynum! Also, I Do or Die! I have to bring my kindle and it is fully loaded! And if we have a magical bathing suit, I am bringing all the chocolate we can eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to take Witch Way to Turn by my daughter Karen Y. Bynum! Also, I Do or Die! I have to bring my kindle and it is fully loaded! And if we have a magical bathing suit, I am bringing all the chocolate we can eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen is your daughter? I loved her book Witch Way To Turn. :) And yum chocolate! Great choices!

      Delete
  3. Great choices!

    I could use one of those bathing costumes.
    On a desert island, only the fishes will see. But its best to be prepared for the passing pirate ship that rescues you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to reply earlier, and was thwarted by the computer. Let's see if I can win this time. :)

    Chrystal, thanks for having me -- I had a great time. :)

    Debbie, I'm so glad you remembered chocolate. How did that escape me? And I definitely approve of your reading choices. :)

    Quantum, I hadn't thought about being properly attired when the passing pirate ship shows up. LOL Good idea!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and try to reply to them all. Thanks for visiting my little piece of the blogosphere.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...